Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
About the role:
Under the direction of the Head of Process Engineering, you will provide support for operations and projects for manufacturing at the Rancho and Lawrence Manufacturing Facilities. This is a hybrid position with on call responsibilities.
How you will contribute:
- Apply engineering principles to the design and implementation of major system modifications, process and capital projects.
- Support manufacturing issues, investigations, and improvements as it relates to process engineering and improving functionality. Provide technical expertise for troubleshooting manufacturing process and equipment problems.
- Lead process improvement projects through implementation, training on new processes and measure systems.
- Perform standard engineering assignments within projects, identify techniques, make design recommendations in partnership with direct manager to improve efficiency and reduce cycle time, assess results for application, validity, and conformance to specifications.
- Determine basic causes, develop recommendations for corrective action, and follow-up to ensure completion of corrective action. Analyze how process changes will affect overall production and the product.
- Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes, analyze customer service problems and design improvement suggestions.
- Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and policy changes. With direct manager, recommend capital expenditure and production methods for existing or enhances products or processes.
- Run projects, qualify equipment, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of technicians using engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, software development).
- Ensure CGMPs, SOPs, Company Procedures, and Good Engineering Practices are integrated in all activities and provide solutions that reflect understanding goals and cost implications.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring to Takeda:
- B.S. in Engineering
- 5 -8 years related experience in a GMP pharmaceutical environment
- 2+ years experience with Packaging Machines and Aseptic processes, Single- Use Equipment, Filling Machines (Isolator and RAB technology), Capping Machines, Parts Washers, Autoclaves, Lyophilizers, CIP/SIP Systems
- Delta V experience
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- May work in a cold, hot or wet environment.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Work more than 8 hours a day or 40 hours a workweek.
- May participate in process engineering on-call program.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Base Salary Range: $81,000 to $ 117,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors, including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho ConejoWorker Type