Aspen is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to support our team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This hands-on role ensures the manufacturing team has supplies, materials, and equipment available for production. The ideal candidate is detail focused and action oriented, and is comfortable moving materials, cleaning, and staging items needed for the associates in the manufacturing suites. We are looking for a true team player who wants to make a difference! This is a fully onsite position located in Torrey Pines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily materials management activities in accordance with cGMP which include but not limited to ordering supplies, materials, and small equipment for production, material move orders, Kan Ban inventory, cycle counts, tracking of supplies/ garments for multiple facilities.
- Timely communication and collaboration with Material management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, and Facilities departments, and third-party cleaning services.
- Transfer of materials to and from the warehouse and inventory locations.
- Work with chemical and disinfectants which include but not limited to bleach, hydrogen peroxide, Spor-Klenz, Quaternary ammonium products, LpH, and 70% Isopropyl alcohol to Wipe, disinfect, and stage material in Manufacturing cleanrooms.
- Review documents for GMP quality which include, but not limited to, good documentation practices, accuracy, and completeness of entries, and using the proper documents/ revision.
- Coordination with cleaners and MFG/ QA (Quality Assurance) on cleaning forms, training, scheduling times, inventory needs, and correction on documents such as logbooks, training, and cleaning forms.
- Restocking and clean-up of MFG suites, MFG training and staging areas.
- Weekly maintenance of lab/cleanroom equipment such as weekly replacement of incubator water/pans, chart recorders.
- Autoclaving material and equipment.
- Assistance with building biopsy and dosing kits.
- May perform light aseptic processing including media formations, coating of plates, and aliquoting of reagents.
- Report conflicts immediately to area management or senior associates.
- Reports observed process issues, abnormalities, and deviations immediately to area management and/ or senior associates.
- Contributes to Quality activities such as investigations and area walk-throughs.
- Assists associates and management during compliance inspections and audit readiness.
- Continues personal development and training and ensures any required qualifications are up to date.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent education required. Associate degree or some science college course work preferred.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with quality systems and/or working in a regulated environment preferred.
- Must be flexible in working in multiple environments including different facility locations, lab, cleanroom, office, and warehouse.
- Must be willing and able to regularly travel between facility locations.
- Requires changing of clothes and wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to work in cleanroom/ lab environment.
- Good understanding of CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls) development and manufacturing.
- Ability to track and count items for inventory.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical and computer skills.
- Attention to detail and effective organizational skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and other project management tools.
- Has an eye for safety and risk assessment and knows when to alert management of unsafe practices and/or situations.
- Must be able to stringently follow company rules, regulations, and safety precautions, to maintain quality standards.
- Ability to read and understand SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and work instructions and document daily work in a written format applying cGMP standards.
- Ability to meet high department standards of work quality and teamwork.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime, holiday, and weekends which will vary depending on company needs.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to stay motivated and on task.
EEO and Employment Eligibility:
Aspen Neuroscience is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Total Rewards and Culture:
Aspen Neuroscience, Inc., located in scenic Torrey Pines, is noted for its collaborative and learning focused culture where each person is valued for contributing their strengths and energy to building a world-class line of products for patients in need. The company offers a competitive total compensation package, time-off in addition to Company observed holidays, Medical/Dental insurance benefits, onsite gym, and other wellness perks.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego is $16/hr. to $25/hr. hourly. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Aspen Neuroscience is multi-state employer, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.