Acrivon (NASDAQ: ACRV) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing precision oncology medicines that it matches to patients whose tumors are predicted to be sensitive to each specific medicine by utilizing Acrivon’s proprietary proteomics-based patient responder identification platform, Acrivon Predictive Precision Proteomics, or AP3. The AP3 platform enables the creation of drug-specific proprietary OncoSignature® companion diagnostics that are used to identify the patients most likely to benefit from Acrivon’s drug candidates, referred to as patient responders. The name Acrivon (derived from Greek for “accurate”) embodies how our OncoSignature® tests link the patient’s active tumor-driving mechanisms with the drug’s mode-of-action to accurately match our therapies with patients who will benefit independent of underlying genetic tumor alterations.
Acrivon is currently advancing its lead candidate, ACR-368, a selective small molecule inhibitor targeting CHK1 and CHK2 in a potentially registrational Phase 2 trial across multiple tumor types, which the AP3 platform predicts will have a high proportion of patient responders based on OncoSignature®-predicted sensitivity to ACR-368. In addition to ACR-368, Acrivon is also developing internally-discovered preclinical stage pipeline programs targeting critical nodes in the DNA Damage Response, or DDR, and cell cycle regulation pathways, including WEE1, a protein kinase, and PKMYT1, a closely related protein serine/threonine kinase.
Our global team operates out of two leading life science clusters, Watertown, MA and Medicon Village in Lund, Sweden.
The Staff Accountant will be a key member of Acrivon Therapeutics Finance Team and will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting. This position will be based in Watertown, MA.
This position will be responsible for preparing and maintaining accounting records, assisting in the financial close process, and assisting with other operational accounting functions to ensure financial records are prepared in an accurate and efficient manner. This role requires someone with strong attention to detail, a financial and analytic mindset, and a strong desire to develop their accounting career at a rapidly growing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of various balance sheet and P&L accounts, including cash, prepaids, fixed assets, corporate card, investments, and various month-end R&D accruals
- Prepare and maintain financial statements with related variance analysis
- Maintain compliance with GAAP for assigned areas and associated accounts, including adherence to and documenting of all required policies and procedures.
- Assist with specific projects and initiatives unique to a fast-growing biotechnology start-up, such as system implementations and updates and business process improvements
- Continually evaluate and drive improvements across finance operations
- Provide accounting support for external and internal audit requests
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of recent and relevant accounting experience, previous life science or public company experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver able to question what is and recommend what should be
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely, and consistent manner
- Proficient with Excel and efficient with learning software capabilities and relationships, experience with NetSuite a plus
- CPA qualified is strongly preferred
Acrivon Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Acrivon Therapeutics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.