Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Leads the development of global market access & pricing strategies for assigned Specialty Medicine (SM) pipeline products; Works cross functionally with global, regional and country teams including pricing, market access, HEOR, commercial, medical affairs, R&D to maximize the value of the SM assets. Leads the development of global market access & pricing guidance and management of pricing approvals for marketed SM products. Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for Global Specialty Medicine Market Access and Pricing topics.
- Develops and provides the strategic framework for the global pricing, reimbursement, and access guidance for the assigned SM assets, including early, pre-launch to post-launch stages for the assigned assets.
- Leads all required PRA activities and is responsible for the PRA plan and develops winning value propositions and effective payer communication plans for the preparation of the launches
- Serves as a key member to present and seek input from senior leadership on pricing and access strategies
- Manages vendors to conduct payer/pricing research in collaboration with key markets/regions.
- Designs and implements a global launch sequence plan with input from regional stakeholders.
- Works closely with regions and countries to support their pricing and reimbursement needs.
- Provides pricing input to key planning processes for Brand planning and portfolio review.
- Provides timely access input into the LCM commercial plans
- Provides input to Clinical on trial design comparators to support optimal access and reimbursement.
- Leads in obtaining feedback on clinical trials schema from payers and KOLs to optimize the data package to support the reimbursement filings in key markets.
- Leads in the development of the Access Strategy, Payer Value Proposition, and payer toolkit to support launch and label expansion of the assigned asset.
- Provides pricing inputs for Brand planning, portfolio review, forecasting, strategic planning processes and DP1, DP2, DP3 stages.
- Drive adoption of pricing tools and resources and enhance information exchange and best practice sharing across regions.
- Interfaces with global, regional, and key country teams including PRA, HEOR RWE, and commercial on matters of pricing, reimbursement access, and its subsequent alignment with regional counterparts.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in math, economics, business administration, health policy, health economics or other relevant qualification. required
- MBA Advanced business degree preferred
- MPH preferred
- PharmD preferred
- PhD in health economics, health policy or other relevant qualification preferred
- 7 or More Years progressive relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, Payer/HTA, physician associations or relevant consultancy companies in a multi-national context: cross- country experience or commensurate experience. preferred
- 7 or More Years Demonstrated experience with developing global pricing strategy preferred
- 7 or More Years Strong knowledge of US and Global (at minimum, Europe) reimbursement environment (private and government) preferred
- 7 or More Years Knowledge of pricing and reimbursement schemes in different areas of the world preferred
- 4 or More Years Knowledge of HEOR preferred
- 7 or More Years Excellent knowledge of pricing market research tools, methodologies, and analytics preferred
- 4 or More Years Manage external vendors to implement global market access & pricing studies preferred
Ability to travel up to 30%, Domestic and international travel
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.