Who We Are
RefleXion transforms radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiotracers for difficult to treat late-stage cancers.
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
About This Role
We are currently seeking a Senior Algorithms Engineer to join our team and help us develop the latest in cutting-edge technology for the radiation therapy treatment device industry. As part of our team, you will work on a diverse range of tasks, from prototyping to final product release, and collaborate with a dynamic group of algorithm developers who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Your primary focus will be on developing and optimizing treatment delivery algorithms and production, clinical workflow automation algorithms, and image processing algorithms that meet the needs of our customers and exceed their expectations. Additionally, you will ensure that all algorithms are fully compliant with medical device quality system and design control regulations, including specification, risk analysis, verification, validation, and manufacturing process controls. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in the world of medical technology, then we want to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive technological advancement aligning with company strategy, from ideation to commercial launch.
- Engineer clinical workflow algorithms for efficient planning and treatment.
- Build and refine image/signal-based tracking systems for improved treatment precision.
- Analyze system performance through system simulations and data analysis.
- Translate product needs into engineering requisites, ensuring all protocols and documentation are met.
- Collaborate with diverse professionals like physicists, clinicians, and engineers for project goals.
- Fulfill additional tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Where You Will Do This Job
- Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute into the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related domain.
- Recognized contributions or innovations in the relevant field.
- Proficiency in algorithm development, especially concerning imaging or computer vision problems.
- Minimum 6 years in MATLAB and/or Python programming.
Ways To Stand Out
- Familiarity with imaging or computer vision systems.
- Understanding of software development procedures.
- Solid mathematical foundation in optimization and probability modeling.
- Deep insight into physics.
- Robust problem-solving and analytical capacity.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Flexible work location and schedule available for many positions - see above for specific work location for this position
- Competitive compensation and Pre–IPO stock option packages
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start and 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Employer paid Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- RefleXion Benefit Hub –Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.