Manager / Sr. Manager, Forecasting
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Manager / Sr. Manager, Forecasting and Analytics role is responsible for leading the management and continuous improvement of brand forecasting, business analytics, data acquisition, data management and brand performance reporting. In addition, the role actively supports activities related to demand management, brand planning, sales goal setting, sales performance tracking and ad hoc analysis requests.
Initially there will be a strong focus on establishing foundational support business processes, tools and systems that enhance business decision making and drive organizational efficiencies. This will require the Manager, Forecasting and Analytics to lead organizational initiatives that will require coordination and alignment between Forecasting, Planning, Brand Teams, Finance, IT and Product Supply.
Main Responsibilities and Job Expectations:
- Lead the revenue forecasting process for key business updates including business reviews and key planning milestones
- Leverage primary and secondary research insights to build accurate, actionable, and evidenced based forecasting models
- Analyze forecast and business results to highlight risks and opportunities by brand, channel, and customer
- Translate risks and opportunities into forecast scenarios to enable ongoing business decision making
- Improve the forecasting processes through benchmarking, process improvements, and updates to operating procedures
- Leading acquisition strategy for secondary data sources
- Lead Ipsen Canada data management and reporting strategy
- Provide inputs to support S&OP meetings
- Support Sales Incentive Compensation process to translate forecasts to actionable sales quotas
- Support ad hoc analytical requests (e.g. Business Development assessments)
Knowledge, Abilities & Experience:
- BA/BS is required; an advanced degree would be a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in forecasting, market research, consulting or other analytical work within pharma/biotech; At least 7 years experience for Sr. Manager level
- Ability to use and create analytical models to forecast business results, including advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint are required
- Familiarity with IQVIA data sets and ability to communicate data, insights and concepts with clarity and passion
- Comfortable in and ability to challenge and persuade internal and external customers to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Knowledge of French language would be a strong plus, but not required
- Able to work in a hybrid work arrangement, including a mix of in-office and remote based work from our Cambridge, MA headquarters or our office in Berkeley Heights, NJ
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.