GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The customer service supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of our customer service team, providing exceptional support to physicians, patients, and internal stakeholders. You will ensure that your team will meet their SLAs by monitoring key performance indicators, listening to calls, measuring calls for quality, and providing coaching and feedback to your team members.
Preferred work location is Menlo Park, CA. Remote work within the US will be considered. You Will
Your Background Should Include:
- Supervise and manage the day-to-day operations of the customer service team, ensuring smooth and efficient functioning.
- Collaborate closely with other supervisors to meet daily Service Level Agreements (SLAs) across all work streams.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive scheduling plan to ensure optimal coverage and efficient resource utilization.
- Conduct daily huddles to update your team on trends and important information, such as expected sample volume and accession issues.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training to enhance team members' skills, knowledge, and overall performance.
- Monitor team performance and offer feedback to improve customer satisfaction levels, while also establishing and tracking individual and team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Collaborate with the training manager to provide input for continuous training and improvement.
- Address escalated customer issues promptly and find timely resolutions to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Implement quality control procedures, including call monitoring, to consistently meet customer service standards.
- Actively participate in live calls to offer support and assistance to agents as needed.
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive work environment that encourages open communication, teamwork, and employee engagement.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process for new customer service team members.
- Conduct performance evaluations and create action plans to support team members' professional development.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a customer service role, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or team lead position.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and lead a diverse team to achieve performance goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record of building and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and prior experience with CRM systems and customer service software.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with the capacity to make sound judgments in high-pressure situations.
- A customer-focused mindset, with a strong commitment to delivering exceptional service.
- Adaptability and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, or a related field is considered a plus.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $74,000- $92,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.