GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is looking for an Associate Director of Health System Market Engagement. As a member of the Care Delivery team in GRAIL’s Health System commercial channel, the Associate Director is a strategic leader to our health system customers. Building innovative marketing strategies and content, the role is responsible for end-to-end designing, negotiating, budgeting, executing, and measuring market engagement plans that position Galleri and other GRAIL products as an essential offering for patient care.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. You Will
Your Background Should Include
- Build a stellar team of marketing and customer experience specialists with a proven track record for using metrics and influence to drive outcomes
- Lead the design and execution of innovative marketing engagement strategies to help health system customers increase awareness of the Galleri multi-cancer early detection test and other GRAIL products across the system’s community.
- Drive patient access and activation by building engaging and informative outreach plans that will help brand the health system as a leader in multi-cancer early detection.
- Measure the impact of marketing programs (e.g., multi-channel patient activation, email, direct mail) and present results and recommendations for improvement, scalability, and investment opportunities
- Generate and implement best practices for patient engagement and activation
- Provide partnership and thought leadership to customers and make strategic recommendations for success
- Elevate the “voice of the patient” by leveraging consumer health trends, persona-specific behaviors, and insights into a health system’s unique market to build content and tactics tailored to that customer’s patient segments
- Build and implement multi-year engagement plans to ensure ongoing patient access to multi-cancer early detection testing
- Test new and existing marketing tactics to continually increase engagement
- Collaborate with the account team to develop case studies and quantitative proof points that highlight customers’ return on investment on marketing efforts
- Support sales lead in contract and execution conversations
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be flexible and manage multiple projects under tight timelines
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive cross-functional efficiency and scale
- Be an ambassador for the Health System Team’s goals with internal and external stakeholders
- A healthcare related degree or equivalent: 12 years BA/BS; Masters (MHA, MBA, or equivalent) with 10 years, PH.D. DHSc with 8 years of healthcare experience in a marketing or business to business or business to consumer customer experience role.
- Health system experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with outreach campaign planning, execution, and measurement including mailers, social media strategies, patient outreach content and materials,
- Strong understanding of patient/consumer communications and marketing.
- Experience with effectively communicating to customers, particularly with patients or consumers.
- Experience developing content and messaging targeted at patients/consumers for program enrollment.
- Experience with oncology, population health, ambulatory/primary care preferred.
- Shown ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to get results in a matrixed, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to direct creative builds included content generation/copywrite, graphic design and lay out, and manage internal approval processes for collateral execution.
- Demonstrated track record of getting things done and growing responsibility over time.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Willing and able to travel as needed, approximately 30% of the time
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $154,000- $193,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.