We are always searching for talented Procurement/Category Managers to join our diverse Procurement organization, if you would like to add your profile to our pipeline please apply!
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
Our Procurement organization provides sourcing direction to multiple functional areas across AbbVie on how to purchase goods & services economically and efficiently with AbbVie policies and objectives, while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity.
You will actively support the development and implementation of strategies associated with our indirect or direct goods and services. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization delivering value and cost-optimization opportunities, capturing cost-savings/reductions, and improving financial and operational performance.
So, let’s tell you a little more about potential roles…
· Be responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and/or purchasing goods and services in alignment with agreed category strategies
· Understand the Organization’s approved buying channels and contracting policy for goods and services and help guide the requestors to the appropriate buying channel
· Work with Purchasing Leadership in AbbVie to optimize related areas of spend for procurement activities
· Develop and maintain a supply base that ensures the best value for quality, delivery, pricing, services, etc., and will identify potential vendors in alignment with AbbVie’s preferred supplier network (PSN)
· Identify areas to improve supplier levels by integrating agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Develop and implement short term and long-term cost reduction strategies
· Use your data analysis knowledge for purchasing and supplier management (supplier metrics and research, master data, market basket analysis, pricing analysis, monthly/quarterly reporting, savings reporting)
· Demonstrate knowledge of external guidelines (e.g., FDA, Customs, TSCA, USDA, phRMA, etc.) to ensure compliance
· Meet regularly with internal customers and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
· You will collaboratively partner with Key stakeholders i.e., Site Leaders, Finance, Legal, Suppliers
· Potentially manage a team of Purchasing professionals
Required & Desired Qualifications
· 5 or more years of progressive experience in a purchasing agent, strategic sourcing, or procurement/buyer role
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business or related discipline or equivalent years of work experience
· Contract negotiations experience
· Data analytics skills
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Excellent written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and grow relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
· Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple projects
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.