The Sourcing Manager, Talent Acquisition will oversee and build end-to-end sourcing strategies across Operations. The role will be supporting AbbVie business in USA & Puerto Rico. The Sourcing Manager will manage a proactive talent attraction strategy to recruit key talent across Operations Manufacturing and Engineering. In addition, this person will build talent pipelines, success profiles and talent communities.
In this role, you will work with various recruitment and social media systems and platforms, leveraging social channels and technology to create efficient and best-in-class stakeholder experiences. You will act as an advisor, using market analysis and industry research to inform sourcing strategies that enable future capability building and influence stakeholders to act proactively regarding their current/future talent mix and talent market availability.
The ideal candidate will be based in the Chicagoland area and have the ability to visit AbbVie's HQ site on occasion, but remote talent will also be considered.
- Provide recruitment leadership to a Sourcing Professional, proactive management and customer service management across the organization. Set vision, strategy, and goals for all aspects of proactive sourcing strategies across a function of the organization.
- Partner with key stakeholders to build talent pipelines ahead of gaps/vacancies. Will develop sourcing strategies that will target critical, high-level talent in highly competitive and challenging markets.
- Serve as a Sourcing leader and expert, including leveraging talent market intelligence (LinkedIn Insights and Talent Neuron), historical data (ATS candidate fill data), provide and recommendations directly with business leaders, Recruiters, and Business HR.
- Developing deep expertise and seeking continuous learning in-focus area, with the ability to understand and speak in detail about functions, culture, and role responsibilities and showcase AbbVie’s Employee Value Proposition using Smart Recruiters CRM.
- Proactively source passive candidates through advanced search techniques including Boolean search on resume databases, social media, LinkedIn, and industry directories to uncover high quality talent pools.
- Conduct thorough candidate prescreening and facilitate presentation to hiring managers and recruiting team using various Talent Acquisition platforms to maintain/retain accuracy, quality, and integrity of data.
- Nurture Professional pipelines by keeping talent engaged as roles are posted and provides information regarding available opportunities.
- Providing updates and reporting on critical roles and sourcing activities to stakeholders and reporting.
- Develop strong partnerships with Recruiters and candidates to build a qualified candidate bench to meet current and anticipated business needs.
- Build trust and strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, including business leaders, Recruiters, Total Rewards, and Talent Development, and Business HR to understand the key roles and challenges to overcome to secure top talent.
- Gather data around competition and market conditions or trends that may impact on our ability to find and hire the right talent.
- Project Manage end-to-end pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must possess 5-7+ years in a dedicated Sourcing Role or Executive Sourcing Role (not full-cycle recruitment) with recruitment experience in a competitive, fast pace environment,
- Technical recruitment experience preferred.
- Must project a strong business presence and have the ability to instill confidence in clients and to deliver results.
- Proactive recruiting and sourcing experience and leading project sourcing strategies including confidential searches and talent mapping projects. Experience in leveraging technology to support sourcing and candidate management.
- Prior staff management experience strongly preferred. Healthcare or Manufacturing industry recruitment experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in collaborating with a broader HR Organization in support of business initiatives preferred.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.