AbbVie is searching for an Administrative Assistant III to provide support for our Intellectual Property Litigation department
and back-up support for the Vice President, Intellectual Property & Strategy. This position will be based at AbbVie’s
headquarters located in North Chicago, Illinois and will be in-office 5 days/week.
Responsibilities include all administrative functions of the Intellectual Property department: managing calendars,
scheduling travel, managing correspondence, processing expense reports, planning meetings/events, creating or revising
business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, answering phones, handling teleconference and
videoconference meeting setups, and compiling meeting materials.
- Provides administrative support to Lake County Intellectual Property Litigation department (attorneys and paralegals).
- Provides back-up support to VP, Intellectual Property & Strategy, and VP’s administrative assistant.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office 365 (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive, and
Teams), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, and other business-specific software.
- Assists with event planning, including scheduling meetings, conference rooms, and catering when necessary.
- Maintains and manages calendars; proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Answers Intellectual Property zero-out line, routes calls, and takes messages accordingly .
- Oversees onboarding of new legal employees and contractors, including office setups, and offboarding responsibilities.
- Assists with office supply management (ordering, expensing, and maintaining inventories).
- Interact with 3rd-party vendors and triage billing and/or payment issues to appropriate departments or professionals.
- Responsible for review and processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Document management in iManage, SharePoint litigation collaboration sites, and Corporate Records.
- Collect and search for patents and publications/articles.
- Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- At least 1-2 years previous administrative assistance experience or related administrative work in a business
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint,
OneDrive, and Teams), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, and understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
- Self-starter able to function at a high level with general instruction.
Key Competencies Required
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of assigned group, as necessary, to
enable effective and efficient Legal team operations.
- Team-oriented, positive, can-do attitude and desire to be productive contributor to overall organization.
- Learns quickly and can change course quickly when needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Open to suggestions, feedback and innovation for improvement.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.