The Senior Financial Analyst will be the key financial contact working in partnership with US Distribution and Warehousing operations. The role will include financial responsibilities for month end close and accounting activities for allocations, journal entries, inter-company charges, as well as FP&A financial cycle responsibilities for LBE, Plan, Update, and LRP. This role will also have responsibility for ad-hoc data analysis and reporting. The Senior Analyst will provide headcount plan and monthly analysis for approximately 150 employees/contractors within the US business units and help to manage the integration of various US-based distribution centers. Responsibilities also include purchase order approvals, depreciation analysis, capital expense tracking, and any other ad-hoc analyses upon request.
- Develop and improve the current allocation process targeting a zero-based budget and communicate/align changes with the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in developing business cases for distribution savings initiatives, including calculating the project’s annual savings and required spend, if applicable.
- Coordinate all financial activities related to US warehouse integration.
- Partner with management providing clear insights into drivers of business and financial performance through variance analysis and updates at monthly flash meetings.
- Provide financial analysis, data and analytics to support the business objectives and related projects as required.
- Perform monthly allocations upon analysis of multiple reports from interdisciplinary teams as well as journal entries, freight and distribution accruals, re-classes and high or low risks reconciliation.
- Responsible for tracking expenses for maintenance and expense gaiting with explanation of unplanned expenses as well as providing monthly headcount/payroll analysis and updates for yearly plan, correcting discrepancies in Workday.
- Budgetary Approver for all Purchasing Orders issued against relevant US cost centers.
- Liaison with Business Unit Managers to ensure alignment on planning assumptions.
- Presentation of financial update and budget specifics during monthly meetings with the Director of US Distribution.
- Review ongoing processes across business units making recommendations to improve efficiencies as well as identify and formulate plans to eliminate or reduce inefficiencies across business units.
- Liaison with third-party Vendors to understand project requirements, simplify processes and provide guidance on internal policies.
- Ensures compliance with financial policies and performs audits of third-party Vendors as required.
- Ability to analyze, consolidate, and communicate financial data in simple terms and tailoring the level of detail based on the audience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 4+ years of progressive and related experience.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient Excel skills required. Knowledge of SAP, TM1, BPC, and Power BI recommended.
- Innovative with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.