AbbVie’s Corporate Communications team is responsible for enterprise internal and external communications to enhance and protect AbbVie’s reputation. The team is currently seeking a Communications Manager who will join AbbVie's Operations Communications team – which is responsible for communications strategy and execution across Operations’ global footprint of 13,000 employees across 11 countries.
AbbVie’s Operations team is responsible for manufacturing, quality assurance, supply chain, product distribution, procurement, global security, crisis management, health and safety, and facilities management across AbbVie’s global footprint. The Communications Manager will be responsible for internal, executive, and external communications and will lead, develop and execute key Operations communications initiatives.
- Execute communications strategies aligned with Operations organizational priorities and AbbVie enterprise-wide goals.
- Create, curate and publish content for internal and external audiences including, but not limited to, milestone-driven communications, leader toolkits, executive profiles and Intranet stories. Maintain Operations editorial calendar as well as functional Intranet.
- Lead communications planning and execution for Employee Health and Safety (EHS), Operations’ Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EEDI), Operations Awards and Recognition, and employee resource group communications campaigns for Operations.
- Serve as a liaison to cross-functional partners by creating and executing communications campaigns for key Operations functions, including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, External Contract Manufacturing and Business Technology Solutions.
- Contribute to enterprise crisis communications and issues management efforts by providing media monitoring and analysis of stakeholder actions and environmental considerations.
- Support major change management communications initiatives across Operations including, but not limited to, functional realignments, optimization efforts and transformations.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, journalism or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations experience with track record of developing and executing insight-driven, strategic, and measurable internal and external communications programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and judgement with an ability to interact effectively and professionally with a variety of key internal stakeholders. AP-style proficiency a plus.
- Strong communication planning, execution and process management skills preferred with an ability to creatively and concisely present information to a range of audiences, from frontline employees through the senior leadership team.
- Strong business acumen and news judgment with the ability to anticipate company, industry and team needs.
- Media Relations, crisis communications and data analytics experience a plus
- Manufacturing/Operations communications experience is a plus.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.