Position Location: Mid-West – Detroit N.
The Area Manager is responsible for promotion and utilization of CSL Behring products and for managing all aspects of territory business development. Area Manager will cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers to include: Health Care Professionals (HCP), hospital decision makers/influencers, specialty pharmacies and distribution channel partners. Area Manager will create demand for promoted products while demonstrating strong clinical knowledge. Area manager should demonstrate a high level of business acumen to facilitate the development of new accounts while supporting the growth of existing accounts. Area Managers will be expected to support appropriate patient education programs as needed.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Promote products and increase usage of products to select call points, including HCP’s, hospitals, patient support groups, distributors and specialty pharmacies. Develops customer advocates for promoted products.
- Responsible for the development of new accounts and the growth of existing accounts through solid customer relationships, communication of technical product and disease state information, and effective territory management skills.
- Develop and implement territory business plans consistent with corporate direction designed to achieve/exceed territory sales targets. Appropriate knowledge of product features and benefits, competitive products and programs and distribution channels.
- Implement key marketing programs to increase market share of key promoted products.
- Maintain proper call frequency with assigned targets and update as needed to assure time is aligned with current product focus
- Stay abreast of current clinical technical literature from medical journals and other information sources.
- Implement CSL selling model (PS2) with effective opening, probing, listening, and closing skills on customer calls.
- Actively work with patient support groups where appropriate, following CSL Behring SOP’s.
- Stay abreast of pertinent marketplace issues and opportunities and effectively communicates them to manager.
- Represent CSL Behring at local customer meetings as appropriate to increase exposure of CSL Behring products and services.
- Regular travel required which may include weekends for select customer or corporate meeting and events.
Minimum of five years’ pharmaceutical sales or required relevant experience.
Experience with patient groups, specialty pharmacies and distributors a plus.
Ability to demonstrate effective management of a large geography desired.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, all are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!