HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Commercial Leadership Program MBA Summer Internship (2024)Live
This could be your everyday
Lets change the world. For more than 25 years, the mission of the CLP has been to recruit, retain, and develop top MBA talent with leadership capabilities and aspirations to support the commercial talent pipeline.
Amgen is seeking MBA students to join one of our commercial teams for a 1013-week summer internship as part of the Commercial Leadership Program (CLP).During this internship program, you will:
- Function as a team member on one of our in-line or pipeline product brand teams.
- Apply your expertise to solve real-time business challenges in Marketing, Value & Access, Commercial Data & Analytics, Sales, and more.
- Collaborate closely with the team and cross-functional partners to develop deep project expertise.
- Develop and deliver formal business recommendations to internal partners.
- Acquire an understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry today, as well as the challenges and opportunities that will drive the development of new medicines in the future.
- Encounter broad leadership exposure within Amgens Global Commercial Operations organization.
- Receive an executive level mentor to coach you during your summer experience.
- Gain first-hand insight into Amgens culture through various networking opportunities and social activities.
Successful interns will be given priority consideration to continue their career at Amgen and join our full-time Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) post-graduation. Amgens CLP is a leadership development program consisting of 3 full-time, 12-month rotations that provides members the unique opportunity to accelerate their commercial career in biotech through three foundational sales & marketing experiences. Program graduates are now in leadership roles throughout Amgen.
Starting in 2021, Amgen initiated a company-wide virtual-first way of working with an option to be fully remote or partially onsite, thus allowing geographic flexibility.Win
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The leader we seek is an innovative individual with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA program (at a minimum) before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Minimum three years of work experience, with at least 6 months U.S. based experience
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or health care industry experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- International work experience
- Consulting experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work optimally in a team and matrix environment
- The ability to operate independently, across functional lines, and with both internal and external customers and/or stakeholders
- Proven problem-solving, analytical, quantitative, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to deliver results within aggressive timelines and amidst competing priorities
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
- Receptivity to coaching and feedback from management and peers
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30.00 - $40.00.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-170620
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.