JUNIOR/SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
EMPLOYER: ViroMissile, Inc.
POSITION: Junior/Senior Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology
LOCATION: San Diego, CA; Non-Exempt; Full Time; On Site
We are a clinical-stage biotech company that is committed to developing a new generation of intravenously deliverable oncolytic viruses with the goal of ultimately curing cancer, especially advanced cancer.
We are seeking a talented and innovative Research Associate to join our growing cancer research team. The research associate will be part of a team dedicated to developing early and late-stage discovery programs in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
- Conduct in vitro/in vivo studies to assess efficacy of oncolytic viruses
- Perform mouse necropsies, tissue harvesting, and blood collection (e.g., cardiac puncture, submandibular, retro orbital, etc.)
- Monitor and manage animals for their overall health and well-being
- Maintain precise experiment records in internal databases and conduct basic data analysis
- B.S. in life science, microbiology, or related field with typically 0-6+ years of post-graduate experience Position will be filled at level commensurate with extent of education, experience, and accomplishment
- Current knowledge of pre-clinical tumor models
- Strong hands-on experience with animal handling, dosing (Intratumoral, IP, IV, PO, and SC), bleeding, necropsy, and tissue harvest
- Basic experience working with cell culture