Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) is focused on delivering therapeutic and scientific breakthroughs in areas of critical patient need spanning psychiatry & neurology, oncology, urology, women’s health, rare disease, and cell & gene therapies. The company’s diverse portfolio includes several marketed products and a robust pipeline of early- to late-stage assets. Building on Sumitomo Pharma’s 125-year legacy of innovation, SMPA leverages proprietary in-house technology platforms and advanced analytics capabilities to accelerate discovery, development, and help bring novel therapies to patients sooner. SMPA is a Sumitomo Pharma company. [For more information, visit Sumitomo-pharma.com]Job Overview
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced individual for the position of Manager, HRIS. They will enable and support business solutions across Human Capital Management in Workday. They will use their Workday expertise and analytical skills to assess complex business needs as well as provide advanced knowledge and expertise in problem determination, evaluation, and resolution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance to Workday modules (Core HCM - Benefits, Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Recruiting).
- Oversight of testing and development environments and services by identifying, resolving and/or escalating issues
- Analyze business process to identify and implement solutions to address business specific requirements and provide continuous improvement.
- Lead the review, testing, and updates for bi-annual Workday releases.
- Documenting complex process modeling and translating user needs into business requirements and functional trainings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, HR, IT, or related field with 5+ years of experience with Workday Core HCM
- 5+ years of experience with Workday Core HCM for configuring business processes and system build; including experience with business processes best practices.
- Solid knowledge of HR systems structure, functions, and processes.
- Experience with Workday Security Administration.
- Experience with custom and standard Workday reporting including calculated fields, matrix reports, and composite reporting.
- Experience in Workday Benefits events, such as Open Enrollment.
- 5+ years of experience with Workday Core Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Talent, and Performance functional areas.
- Experience building and testing Workday integrations and performing EIB uploads.
- Support for problem solving, learning, and testing solutions.
- Health Care Industry experience desired.
- Support for problem solving, learning, and testing solutions
- Workday PRO Certification in one or more functional areas preferred.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The base salary range for this role is $110,000-$130,305. Base salary is part of our total rewards package which also includes the opportunity for merit-based salary increases, short incentive plan participation, eligibility for our 401(k) plan, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances and leaves provided in line with your work state. Our robust time-off policy includes unlimited paid time off, 11 paid holidays plus additional time off for a shut-down period during the last week of December, 80 hours of paid sick time upon hire and each year thereafter. Total compensation, including base salary to be offered, will depend on elements unique to each candidate, including candidate experience, skills, education and other factors permitted by law.
Confidential Data:All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters is considered confidential.
Compliance :Achieve and maintain Compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal and operational rules and procedures, by ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) and affiliates are carried out with the "best" industry practices and the highest ethical standards.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.
Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer
Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) is committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about EEO and the Law, please visit the following pages:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement