About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our newer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility in Clayton, NC sits on 825,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art equipment, and houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. At API, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Enable & inspire NNPII to "live cLEAN®" by driving continuous improvement (CI) mindset throughout the site; providing cLEAN® tools, training, & expertise; leading CI projects & initiatives; & partnering with the organization at all levels.
- Assist site leaders to develop CI plans; identify, prioritize, & initiate CI opportunities; follow-through on CI activities
- Provide coaching for site leaders & team members to develop the cLEAN® mindset
- Develop, lead, &/or facilitate CI kaizen workshops, problem solving workshops, failure investigations
- Communicate across site to share best practices, success stories, ideas; collaborate across DAPI-US, DFP & PS as appropriate
- Provide formal training in DAPI-US cLEAN® across the site
- Provide coaching & mentoring for 1-Star, 2-Star & 3-Star project leaders across site
- Manage/Lead complex cross-functional CI projects
- Apply PDCA/DMAIC/DICOB methodologies to achieve significant, measurable improvement in business, support, & production processes
- Provide direction, coaching, & mentoring for project team members
- Manage/Lead cLEAN® site initiatives
- Develop & lead change management plans for CI initiatives; develop control plans intended to sustain improvement gains
- Provide expertise to site in a variety of other areas (as appropriate): statistical & data analysis, MS Office products, project management, change management, etc.
- BS/BA engineering, science, statistics, business, or other related field (MA/MS preferred); or equivalent experience + education
- 5-8+ years experience in manufacturing, maintenance, quality assurance, engineering, supply chain, process improvement
- Certification & demonstrated experience/results as cLEAN®2-Star &/or Six Sigma Green Belt; certification in cLEAN® 3-Star &/or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Demonstrated expertise in Six Sigma,cLEAN®, & change management
- Demonstrated coaching, communication, change management, & leadership skills
- Strong computer skills, including experience in MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, statistical analysis software, or other related software packages
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, agility, credibility, & change management skills
- Proven expertise in planning/organizing, managing execution, checking results, & revising complex, cross functional projects
- Proven leadership skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment
- Ability to be clean room certified
- Ability to work in loud noise environments
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production & maintenance activities
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.