About the role:
Join Takeda as a Manager, Community Engagement Marketer where you will support all brands across our US Hematology franchise regarding branded and unbranded bleeding disorders community engagement. A key remit of the Hematology Community Engagement Team is the planning, execution and optimization of our community conferences, community walks, and community engagement for patients with a bleeding disorder. Management of these community engagement events includes being the Takeda main point person for the respective workstreams for external as well as our internal teams and working with necessary agencies to execute. This is a hybrid role based in Cambridge, MA and you will report to the Community Engagement Operations Lead.
How you will contribute:
The Community Engagement Marketer is a high-impact role in the US - Hematology franchise requiring leadership, organization, and a cross-functional and customer-facing approach to drive the success of our engagement programs at patient community events. Management and accountability of these programs includes:
• Supportive role to the Community Engagement Operations lead to support the CES team, metrics and vendor management.
• Annual budget management in support of conferences, walks and exhibits.
• Responsible for forecasting of Promotional Review Team (PRT) job submissions.
• Project Owner of conference related jobs which requires attendance at PRT review meetings based on submissions.
• Business owner of agency/vendor management to support conferences, exhibits, and walks.
• Project management includes timeline, deliverable and organization relationship management for national/regional conferences and walks.
• Working with external advocacy organizations to meet the needs of events.
• Informs the recommendation of sponsorships and levels within alongside the Community Engagement Operations Lead.
• Logistical oversight of all conferences supported through this role.
• Identify content development related to conferences, exhibits and walks.
• Work with Patient Portfolio and Education Marketers to create content if outside remit.
• Orchestrate the pre-conference planning, calls and cross functional inclusion when needed.
• Prepare post event reporting and executive summaries for national conferences.
• Travel required for supported national conferences as aligned on with manager.
• Responsible for working cross functionally to ensure alignment with Brand messaging and strategic priorities set by the Hematology franchise.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
• The Community Engagement Marketer will lead the execution of a franchise-wide community engagement strategy and ensure its execution, while meeting compliance standards.
• High attention to detail is essential to be successful in this role.
• Communication is critical for this role. Specifically, accuracy, responsiveness and being solution oriented.
• Strategic responsibilities to find patient conference opportunities, and monitor patient conference trends and survey feedback, tracking engagement metrics/utilization, proposing and executing new ways to hold support and show leadership and engagement at community events.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Generally, has 5+ years of related experience with at least 1 year in the pharmaceutical industry.
• 2 or more years of experience in marketing preferred.
• Thrombosis/Hematology experience is preferred.
• Project Management experience required.
• Can understand compliance requirements, identify risks and institute process safeguards in place to preempt them.
• Take decisive and swift action per compliance guidelines
• Travel required which can include evenings, overnights, and weekends up to 40% during peak conference season.
What Takeda can offer you:
• Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
• Family Planning Support
• Flexible Ways of Working
• Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500Worker Type