About the role:
Join Takeda as an Enterprise Data Catalog Owner, where you will Implement an Enterprise Data Catalog, evolving our organizational understanding and approach, and accomplish data catalog adoption and business use. Also, drive improving the availability, searchability and quality of data that is made available throughout the organization through the Enterprise Data Catalog as part of a larger data strategy. You will also lead the strategy and own value delivery of the Data Catalog & Governance by acting as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with business clients, data stewards, and IT project teams to influence and drive our Enterprise Data Catalog.
As part of the team, you will report to the Enterprise Data Services, Data Governance Lead.
How you will contribute:
- Configure and maintain enterprise templates for various data and analytical objects including data dictionary, business glossary, metrics glossary, articles, etc.
- Daily operational support of the data catalog including active directory role management, maintaining data, and capability enhancements.
- Execute APIs and processes to bulk load metadata into the catalog (Dictionaries, Business Glossaries, Metrics Glossaries, etc.)
- Establish connectors and monitor daily jobs for extracting technical metadata from source databases
- Develop and publish metrics for catalog usage and promote adoption
- Serve as a subject matter expert for data catalog, create training materials and educate users as needed
- Co-ordinate across multiple teams for the implementation of all BI Data into data catalog
- Establish standards for business definitions and ensure adherence (Business friendly terms, Naming standards etc.)
- Co-ordinate with BI technical & operational teams to optimize SDLC processes for data catalog maintenance
- Degree, majoring in Computer Science/Information Systems, with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in application design and implementation.
- Experience in Data Governance concepts including Master and Metadata management.
- 3+ years’ experience in Metadata Tools, specifically Collibra and Informatica Cloud Data Governance and Catalog.
- Ability to implement workflows and APIs in Collibra and Informatica Cloud Data Governance and Catalog.
- Familiarity with GDPR concepts.
- Software Development Life Cycle Experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience maintaining a business data catalog (business glossary, articles, trust information, and data stewardship)
- 3+ years of experience inventorying or cataloging data assets
- 3+ years of experience performing data quality reviews and analysis
- 3+ years of experience in data visualization tools
- 3+ years of experience in SQL and Python
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Cambridge, MAWorker Type