About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Senior Research Associate I where you will support the Therapeutic Generation and Screening (TGS) team of Takeda’s Global Biologics Department with demonstrated skills in molecular biology and automation. You will also work independently to generate DNA constructs to be used for expression/ purification of antibodies/ proteins, cell line generation and chimeric antigen receptors. This position will involve extensive use of automation for molecular cloning and plasmid DNA preparation. As part of the TGS team, you will report to the Principal Scientist and work with the Global Biologics organization.
How you will contribute:
- Independently sets up high throughput cloning and automation to assemble and generate DNA constructs to advance protein generation for multiple projects across many therapeutic areas.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with internal specialists in automation, next generation sequencing and project team members from different therapeutic areas.
- Independently perform complex experiments within a project scope, implement new methods and novel solutions to existing hardware or software and be familiar with current literature.
- Prepare and present technical information for presentation at department meetings.
- Maintain good documentation via electronic lab notebooks and databases.
- MS in Biochemistry, Biology or a related field (or equivalent) with 1+ years relevant experience, or BS with 3+ years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with automation, writing scripts, liquid handlers such as Lynx, Tecan or Hamilton and basic structural and functional understanding of antibodies, bi/multi-specifics antibodies and chimeric antigen receptors are required.
- Experience with common cloning techniques such as Seamless, Gibson assembly or Golden Gate, PCR and plasmid DNA preparation are highly desirable.
- Proficiency with molecular biology techniques including DNA construct design for cloning, primer design, DNA/RNA isolation is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with DNA sequence analysis software such as SnapGene or Geneious Prime is advantageous.
- Experience in a drug discovery environment is advantageous.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type