Sr. Manager Finance Collaborations Accounting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California. Sr. Manager Finance - Collaborations AccountingAs a key member of the U.S. Controllership, he/she will work closely with cross-functional business partners, oversee the accounting, control and reporting activities of the region, drive the quality of the information reported in the regional financial statements and other management reporting packages by establishing strong collaborative relationships with the various business partners.Essential Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Important skills, capabilities and prior experience requirements include:
- Manage the end-to-end collaboration accounting and reporting process
- Support ERP implementation and testing
- Review and on-board new collaboration arrangements and manage the accounting for day-to-day collaboration related financial activities, including milestone payments, cost sharing, royalties, and other contractual right and obligations
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Alliance Management, FP&A, Corporate Development, Technical Accounting, Legal and various internal/external business partners
- Manage accounting issues on complex collaboration arrangements and communicate in an effective and timely manner
- Support interpretation of internal policy and U.S. GAAP accounting standards
- Coordinate and manage internal/external audits and balance sheet reviews
- Lead, execute or support various ad hoc projects/initiatives
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a bachelor's degree or 6 years of experience with a master's degree
- CPA strongly preferred
- A combination of Big 4 CPA and hands-on operational experience in collaboration and alliance arrangement strongly preferred
- Proven technical accounting expertise (e.g., strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX)
- Proven ability to evaluate and interpret complex arrangements and integrate activities
- Proficiency with systems (e.g., Alliant, Oracle/SAP)
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership
- A track record of consistent success in different environments preferred
The salary range for this position is: $149,600.00 - $193,600.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.