Biostatistician, Manager - Virology
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Biostatistics - VirologyLocation
: Seattle, WA or Foster City, CAPOSITION OVERVIEW:
With guidance, you will lead biostatistical analysis and reporting for a project or clinical study by collaborating with cross-functional partners to meet clinical development project deliverables and timelines. This may include, but is not limited to, providing statistical consultation on clinical development plans, clinical trial design and clinical study endpoints, calculating sample size, authoring statistical analysis plans and providing biostatistical input into clinical development documentation, scientific publications and presentations, and regulatory filings. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With guidance, acts as biostatistics lead on clinical studies.
- With guidance, leads statistical analysis of a project or study by collaborating with other Biostatistics team members and cross-functional partners. Provides statistical consultation on trial design and study endpoints, calculates sample size, and authors statistical analysis plans.
- Participates in cross-functional clinical development planning for one or more molecules or marketed products to provide the biostatistical perspective and biostatistical input.
- Participates in cross-functional protocol design and review discussions.
- Advises internal and external partners as to choice of statistical analysis strategies, reliability of measurements and identifiability of models, and interpretation and presentation of statistical results.
- With guidance, leads the gathering, organization and analysis of different data sources to enable delivery of the statistical analysis plan and clinical study endpoints for assigned products.
- Uses a variety of advanced statistical software, methods, and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for clinical development.
- With guidance, provides biostatistical input into clinical development documentation, scientific publications and presentations and regulatory documentation.
- May participate in or lead special projects that can benefit multiple Biostatistics team members, such as new methodologies, processes, technology and other tools, and may also participate in the development and / or implementation of SOPs and related documentation.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements of study conduct, statistical analysis principles, industry standards, and Gilead SOPs.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. Please see the following for the qualifications and skills we seek for this role.Minimum Education & Experience
Knowledge & Other Requirements
- PhD in biostatistics or related discipline with relevant experience in statistical analysis of biomedical data using SAS and/or R software in the biopharma industry, healthcare, consulting, academia or a related environment.
- MS in biostatistics or related discipline with 4+ years' relevant experience in statistical analysis of biomedical data using SAS and/or R software.
- Experience authoring protocol statistical methods and statistical analysis plans is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be a fast learner.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to change, to move between projects easily and provide support/expertise where needed.
- Has advanced knowledge of underlying statistical principles, concepts, practices, standards, processes and tools, and has shown ability to effectively apply this knowledge to achieve targeted outcomes to meet business needs.
- Has advanced knowledge of biostatistics best practices and tools and has shown ability to apply this to improve overall results.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
The salary range for this position is: $149,600.00 - $193,600.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.