Oncology Account Manager – Houston, TX
Senior Director, Regional Sales - South Central
The Oncology Account Manager will be responsible for driving the appropriate utilization of UDENYCA™ and future products for attaining all territory sales objectives, in a compliant fashion. This role requires the building of sustained relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, administrators, billing, finance, office practice managers mid-levels and other pertinent staff. Solid clinical, product, reimbursement and financial acumen will be required for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing account profiles and business plans for UDENYCA™. and all subsequent products
- Meet or exceed sales goals assigned by the company.
- Execute a high level of clinical and product acumen for appropriate positioning of UDENYCA™. and all subsequent products
- Develop sustained relationships, in targeted accounts, with pertinent staff.
- Represent Coherus products in a manner consistent with Coherus ethics, policies and compliance expectations at all times.
- Foster teamwork and communication in a high intensity, fast paced environment, where the best interests of patients and Coherus are prioritized.
- Apply a solid understanding of reimbursement, contracting and finance associated with injectable medications.
- Operate independently and with urgency on a daily basis.
- Understand and breakdown complex matrix accounts to ensure proper strategic focus and planning.
- Apply superior selling skills including planning, probing, challenging, aligning, closing and follow-up.
- Plan, budget and execute resources provided by the company including exhibits, speaker programs, the HUB, executive visits, as well as coordination of National Account Director and Key Account Director activities.
- Travel Expectations: Daily in-person and overnight travel can include up to 50% to make in-person visits with HCPs, clinics, hospitals. Travel will also include National Sales Meetings, Regional Meetings. Speaker Programs and Conferences.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Preferred)
- 5 Years minimum, demonstrated sales success in the oncology marketplace preferred
- Experience in hospital, academic and community oncology selling preferred
- Buy and bill experience needed with strong reimbursement & fiscal acumen
- Prior launch of Oncology injectables preferred
- Solid understanding of community GPOs (ION, OnMark, USO) as well as Hospital GPOs
- Prior contracting experience in the oncology marketplace
- Understanding of multiple distribution models and Specialty Pharmacy
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving, communication and leadership skills required
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of community oncology practices, hospitals, academic medical centers and IDNs required
- Development, execution and follow-up of business plans
- Communicate cross-functionally with other field-based personnel
- Ability to be flexible, problem-solve and wear multiple hats in a start-up environment
The Base Salary Range for this position is $150,000 - $200,000. Coherus considers various factors, including professional background and work experience, when determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Coherus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.