We’re hiring an experienced Systems Engineer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is a world leader in digital chemistry, routinely utilizing thousands of GPUs and tens of those CPUs. We have a long history of outstanding work in high performance computing, including twice setting world records for scale of computations performed in AWS.
As a leader amongst peers on our Digital Workspace team, you’ll be crucial in shaping the future of Schrödinger’s IT strategy, owning the adoption of SaaS products across the organization by researching, architecting, and facilitating their use. In partnership with company leaders, you’ll play a hands-on role in developing company practices that support our business partners and creating a world-class experience for our employees who depend on them for their daily activities. This work sits at the intersection of people and technology, and is key in our effort to help scientists accelerate research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible.
Who will love this job:
- An excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and a customer service touch
- A motivated technical leader who values teamwork and initiative
- An analytical thinker who understands modern technologies and tools
- A trailblazer and evangelist who navigates Agile methodologies with discernment
- An organized innovator with a passion for efficiency as evidenced in a proclivity for developing and deploying solutions, processes, procedures and methodologies
What you’ll do and learn:
- Collaborate with a small team of seasoned veterans, IT senior leadership, and scientific and technical groups across the organization to establish, plan, prioritize and execute goals
- Advise on workflows, continually identifying areas for improvement by drawing from your business analysis skills
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain identity and access management, directory services, and automated solutions with meticulous attention to documentation
- Partner with the business and with vendors to analyze complex business processes and problems, investigating solutions and make recommendations
- Maintain end user systems, software licenses, and subscriptions with ticketing and knowledge management through Jira and Confluence
- Coach, mentor, and train junior team members and user groups
What you’ll need:
- At least three years of hands-on, professional experience
- Experience in Mac, Windows, and Linux administration architecture
- Familiarity with identity provider technologies, directory systems, and mobile device management solutions
- Programming or scripting experience with either bash or python
- Some exposure to API integration and git
- Google Cloud or AWS experience a plus, but some cloud experience a must!
If you don’t consider yourself an expert in all of the fields above, that’s OK - we’re looking to hire an adaptable polymath who’s excited to learn on the job. Our team will be happy to help you get up to speed in any unfamiliar areas!
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range: $85,000 - $155,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.