- Plan and perform routine tasks following established methods competently and independently within a timely fashion and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Documentation of experimental activities and results in a GMP/GLP compliant fashion using electronic data acquisition and management systems.
- Analyze and evaluate results, detect aberrant results during analysis.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation with some guidance.
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques and apply them for unique project / assignment requirements.
- Place data in proper scientific context by consulting and citing relevant literature.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in his/her field, preferentially in the analytical areas of quantitative and instrumental analysis.
- Impact projects predominantly through lab activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, and GxP compliance, where applicable.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence”, and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or equivalent education, with typically 0 to 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree or equivalent education (no additional experience).
- Theoretical and practical knowledge (in Chromatography and / or Spectroscopy, Karl Fischer, Thermogravimetric Analysis, X-Ray Diffraction is preferred) to carry out job function.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.