HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Executive Assistant
What you will do
As a key member of the Global Marketing, Access, and Capabilities (GMAC) team, this Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) role will be primarily responsible for complex administrative support activities supporting VP and Executive Directors/Directors level staff. This role will work closely with the other Administrative Coordinators and Executive Assistants within the organization.
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role the SEAs administrative work assignments will be complex in nature requiring absolute discretion and confidentiality, as well as considerable tact, judgment, creativity, and initiative in resolving issues. The SEA must also be able to manage multiple priorities in a continually changing environment.
- Proactively manage the executives calendar with a focus on efficient time utilization and time conflict management, ensuring that VP and organization are appropriately represented at all forums
- Coordinate arrangements for and execute key tasks to effectively manage a variety of key business meetings while maintaining a keen awareness of and sensitivity to global time zones
- Schedule, coordinate, and track events reflected on VPs engagement plan, including All Staff meetings and special events
- Execute and coordinate certain special projects such as team schedules, team building and onboarding needs
- Coordinate domestic travel arrangements amidst dynamic business requirements
- Answer questions/furnish information to keep the executive's time free of minor detail work, including screening certain meeting requests
- Timely preparation and processing of expense reports
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The administrative professional we seek is a self-starter with these qualifications.
Associates degree and 4 years of administrative experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of administrative experience
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- Ability to project a highly professional image consistent with dealing with senior Amgen executives
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Senior Executive Assistants and Administrative Coordinators who support key business partners and operational activities
- Executive assistance experience in calendar management, domestic/international travel
- Ability to work with non-paper-based media SharePoint, iPad, BOX, Teams etc. to ensure that VP has required pre-read and briefing material in a convenient format
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Flexibility amidst rapidly changing meeting and travel requirements
- Self-starter who can function autonomously
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and manage several projects simultaneously
- Excellent Microsoft suite and MS Team skills and knowledge of most Amgen systems
- Prepare meeting agendas and PowerPoint presentations for staff meetings as needed
- Positive, can-do attitude and team-centric approach
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $83,950.00 - $102,860.00,
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.