HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Scientist Lead Discovery and CharacterizationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a member of a team involved in the discovery of innovative small molecule and biological therapeutics. This team is applying new experimental technologies that are redefining the way we discover new medicines for our patients.Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and conduct binding screen and characterization experiments to advance Amgens drug discovery pipeline.
- Determine binding affinity and cross-species selectivity, conduct cooperatively and other mechanism of action studies as they relate to binding interactions.
- Knowledge in both kinetics and equilibrium binding assays using instruments that apply label-free technology, e.g., surface plasmon resonance, NMR, ITC, biolayer interferometry, KinExA, etc.
- Proficient in analyzing and interpreting the scientific data that is generated
- Work collaboratively with other scientists, within and outside the LD&C, and present results at team meetings.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies that expand groups capabilities as well as enhance our capacity.
- Will connect with our Computational Sciences Group to develop ML/AI models that improve molecular attributes, such as binding activities.
- Additional responsibilities include: participate in national and international scientific conferences, publish in scientific journals, patents, or registrational filings and mentor research associates and laboratory assistants.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Pharmacology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or Analytical/Physical Chemistry completed by mid-2023
- 1+ years working experience in industry or Postdoctoral training in related fields with proven track record of academic accomplishments (i.e., presentations and peer-reviewed publications)
- Broad knowledge in protein chemistry, biophysics, and extensive experience in binding analysis using label free technologies, such as Surface Plasmon Resonance spectroscopy, KinExA, BLI, calorimetry, NMR and other advanced analytical methods for both large and small molecule applications.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and laboratory working skills, excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and oral) and flexibility, ingenuity, and problem-solving capability, as well as a strong ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in cell culture, membrane protein generation and characterization are highly desirable. Experiences in protein structural analysis and computer programming are greatly appreciated.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Thrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is$121,780-134,473.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.