HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Customer Finance ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for management of all aspects of trade credit and collection efforts for Amgens US operations and will contribute to execution of Amgens global Customer Finance strategy and objectives.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Manage the customer credit risk assessment and assignment of credit terms and conditions (risk assessment will include analysis of wholesaler financial statements, cash flows and ratios); monitor credit exposure and performance of trade customers in order to facilitate proactive management of risks; and negotiate credit terms and conditions when customers are unable to meet established guidelines.
- Formulate and achieve specific collection objectives in the collection of accounts receivable balances through direct customer interaction, collection of delinquent account balances and resolution of disputes or discrepancies to include collaboration with other business partners within Amgen as well as the customer.
- Make decisions and recommendations related to holding orders, increasing/decreasing credit lines, bad debt write-offs and settlement negotiations.
- Ensure professional relationships are maintained with trade customers as well as internal business partners including Commercial Operations and Finance.
- Actively seek out improvements and enhancements to reduce credit risk exposure, improve DSO and reduce working capital costs while promoting commercial activity.
- Handle all types of collateral issues including Parent Guarantees, Letters of Credit, and Cash in Advance and negotiate and execute factoring agreements.
- Provide management with easily understandable consolidated summary reports and trending analysis.
- Critically analyze customer accounts receivable applying bad debt policy to determine appropriate allowance for doubtful accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in the review and update of global credit and collection policies, practices, procedures and systems.
- Enforce and assure adherence to Customer Finance policy and maintain all appropriate records to meet internal and external audit and SOX requirements.
- Participate in project teams and activities related to global Customer Finance or broader company objectives.
- Maintain and refine monthly collections cash forecast for the US to improve accuracy.
- Work actively on chargebacks and eventual disputes resolution and providing necessary support to Customer Finance central team especially for cash application.
- Participate in peer group meetings.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The finance professional we seek is a manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of finance experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of finance experience
Associates degree and 10 years of finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Previous commercial credit and collection experience
- Understanding of financial statements, ratios and credit risk analysis
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- SAP experience
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Active participation in NACM or related trade associations
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE) distinction
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $96,341 - $117,588.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.