Facilities Engineering Technician– Seattle | Just-Evotec Biologics – Seattle, WA |
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated Facilities Engineering Technician that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. This F&E team member will be responsible for monitoring plant utility equipment with the goals of improving equipment reliability through the application of equipment monitoring, preventative, predictive maintenance technologies and corrective maintenance. Support the facilities engineering team investigating failures using root cause analysis, forensic engineering techniques to create a site catalogue of failures. Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’S), Safety and Quality Standards in a commercial manufacturing of mammalian cell-based biotherapeutics.
- Perform equipment rounds and readings to collect and review relevant operational data.
- Perform planned and unplanned maintenance according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and execute per planning and scheduling.
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment issues including, mechanical, electrical, metrology/instrumentation or automation as needed.
- Management of gas delivery systems and LN2 cryovessels systems.
- Support equipment IQ/OQ/PQ Validation activities.
- Assist and direct contractor/vendor activities as assigned.
- Familiarity with Change Control, Site and Global SOP’s related to position and department are required.
- Procedural revision (SOP’s HECP’s, JHA’s) revisions as necessary.
- Strict adherence to EH&S guidelines and policies required to ensure compliance to Washington state, Federal EPA and OSHA regulatory agencies.
- Maintain mandatory training requirements, ensuring compliance to Site and job performance qualifications.
- Maintain two-way performance dialogue with supervisor, ensuring performance review processes are complete in timely fashion.
- Demonstrate continuous personal pursuit to increase job knowledge, proficiency in technical understanding, and problem-solving abilities.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer-oriented attitude.
- Communicate concerns related to safe work practices, hostile work environment, sexual harassment, or any other type of employee misconduct directly to the supervisor, manager, or Human Resources.
- Computer skills are a must (Word, Excel, BAS, Delta V, MAXIMO) to navigate, conduct searches, and complete work related documentation.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, documentation practices (GDDP’s), and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to gain knowledge of NFPA 70E electrical qualifications.
- Possess the ability to gain knowledge of FDA, OSHA, EH&S, EPA, and State of Washington regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 6 to 10 years combination of education, training and experience in a cGMP related environment.
- Associate degree in engineering or engineering technology desired but not required.
- Prefer electrical or refrigeration license.
- Metrology/Calibrations program ability/expertise
- Mechanical ability/expertise
- Operation and troubleshooting skills on Water for Injection Systems (WFI) and plant utilities
- Troubleshooting skills on Washers and Autoclaves.
- Prefer experience with Predictive maintenance technologies PdM and participation in Mechanical Integrity Program.
- May work in cold, wet environment, may be exposed to sunlight and heat, may be exposed to dust, gases, and fumes; may be around moving equipment and machinery; may climb up to and /or not large processing and utilities equipment for inspections and cleaning; may be working in areas requiring hearing protection.
- This position requires weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required.
- May be required to frequently kneel, stand and walk to inspect, evaluate and /or perform described operational and maintenance activities.
The hourly pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $25 to $35/hr; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k company match, flexible paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.