AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The Marketing Analytics and Business Insights (MABI) function supports AbbVie’s US organization and is comprised of highly respected researchers, analysts, data scientists and strategists who are committed to being best-in-class within the biopharmaceutical industry. We serve as a strategic in-house counsel, ensuring that all decisions leverage the key insights that we develop. We continue to build new capabilities and skill sets, encouraging our team members to pull up a chair, be themselves, be creative, speak their minds, and do good work. We are a passionate, diverse, flexible, and inclusive organization with a culture that supports the best ideas, wherever they originate. We are smart, fun, quirky, and innovative – and we’d love for you to join us.
The Market Access Insights (MAI) organization within MABI plays an instrumental role in shaping market access strategies for all of AbbVie’s domestic brands. As a people leader of this team, you will lead the planning and delivery of standard and ad-hoc analytics to identify/ quantify payer opportunities and threats, make specific recommendations on the development of market access strategies and tactics. You will also lead and develop a team of analytical talent, develop analytical capabilities, enable organizational learning and outreach to matrix partners, and ensure alignment of analytical insights with the broader commercial goals of each brand. The role requires strong data analytics capabilities as well as subject matter expertise within the overall U.S. market access environment, specifically an in depth understanding of value, pricing and reimbursement dynamics. The role provides insights that directly impact patient and physician access to AbbVie brands through its influence on the development of pricing, contracting and other access strategies.
Lead standard/ ad-hoc analytics across 10-15 brands within Migraine, Atypical Antipsychotics, Toxins, Gastroenterology, Metabolic, and Women’s Health focused on providing insights that influence market access strategy through data analytics, customer insights and business knowledge. Co-develop with U.S. Market Access commercial leaders, innovative Pricing and Contracting strategies to achieve optimal payer formulary access that maximize net sales for assigned brands. Identify through claims analysis, market dynamics that shape brand demand and build models to portray risks, opportunities, and sensitivities. Demonstrate strong understanding of the U.S. healthcare landscape and key AbbVie therapeutic areas to identify and proactively address opportunities and threats. Build collaborative relationships with internal U.S. Market Access Sales and Marketing stakeholders. Align insights to Payer research and Brand insight partners, that when integrated with HCP and Consumer insights, positively impacts brand decision making.
Key areas of functional scope include:
· Leading the development of GPO, Specialty Pharmacy, Health Plan and PBM contracting strategies for launch brands across payer channels through advanced modelling techniques, communicating analytical narratives that describe the opportunity and risks of stakeholder negotiations, and informing financial projections based on launch pricing and contracting strategies.
· Leading the delivery of brand specific market access analytical insights in response to specific market access issues/ trends. Understanding the impact of utilization management, tiering and medical policy impact on overall demand, line of therapy and co-pay support. Conducting investigative analytics to validate and/ or quantify market phenomenon related to competitive or customer tactics. Identifying through quantitative methods, value drivers that guide clinical data development and value positioning.
· Demonstrating a strong understanding of syndicated and AbbVie proprietary data, data science and modeling techniques and the ability to synthesize insights into compelling narratives. Is highly proficient at supplier and stakeholder management, leading external analytics to deliver compelling learnings, and formulating analytical strategies appropriate for the issue at hand.
· Responsible for leading the communication of market access insights to leadership requiring a broad range of market access expertise as these brands commonly experience differing market access challenges.
· Managing 3-5 direct reports, including talent recruiting and development as well as oversight of $1MM+ budget associated with external vendor support.
· Advising cross-functional partners on key data/analytics infrastructure enhancements to enable superior analytical capabilities.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Master's degree in business or science preferred
· 10 plus years analytical experience required preferably in the healthcare industry
· 1-2 years of experience of people management.
· Strong story telling skills; ability to distill complex information synthesized into concise and impactful messages and communications.
· Master’s degree or MBA
· Strong working knowledge of syndicated pharmaceutical data sources, including formulary data sources and claims data sources.
· 3-4 years of pharmaceutical market access experience and subject matter expertise with Health Plans, PBMs, Hospital Systems, Specialty Pharmacies and Healthcare Policy stakeholders.
· 4-6 years of pharmaceutical marketing insights experience with significant expertise with Physician and Consumer stakeholders.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.