AbbVie seeks a Corporate Governance Paralegal to join the Legal Division's Corporate Governance group. This position reports to the Associate Director, Corporate Governance and manages subsidiary corporate governance, as assigned (e.g., assist with drafting written consents, etc.) and assists with parent company governance matters.
- Drafts subsidiary board resolutions, secretary certifications, and other governance documents.
- Manages subsidiary board meeting logistics.
- Ensures compliance with local rules and regulations related to corporate governance and company initiatives (e.g., dividends, acquisitions, dissolutions, etc.)
- Manages official subsidiary records and subsidiary database.
- Manages signature requests and delegations of signature authority.
- Is responsive cross-functionally to coordinate required action at the subsidiary level.
- Administers Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4, and 5) and maintains related records.
- Assists with annual meeting and proxy statement preparation.
- Assists with governance surveys, independence processes, and parent board portal and support.
- Identifies and executes on opportunities to improve efficiencies in relationship to the above tasks.
- Assists in handling, preparation and processing of general administrative matters, including copying and filing; responsible for updating various contact lists (including internal and external counsel, directors, finance directors, etc.) and verifying/updating data in various databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or ABA approved Paralegal Certificate.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience within a law firm or Legal Department of a corporation, preferably in a corporate governance setting.
- Discretion and strong communication skills required to effectively gather relevant information from internal and external clients and interact with others, both inside and outside the Company.
- Strong writing and analytical skills required to independently review, draft, and prepare documents.
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills to manage multiple competing matters, set own work priorities, meet required work deadlines, and follow-up on outstanding requests.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Significant contact with outside law firms, clients, employees and company executives.
- Familiar with entity organization and board portal tools (e.g., Diligent) and iManage.
- Flexibility to take on special projects and/or additional responsibilities, as needed.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.