AbbVie is offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Scientific Director, Companion Diagnostics Strategy Lead within the Precision Medicine Companion Diagnostics team, which supports CDx development across therapeutic areas (oncology/immunology/neuroscience). We are seeking a creative and highly motivated leader to develop and implement global diagnostic strategies to enable and support the global development and commercialization of medically differentiated therapies. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment and will be a key member of multidisciplinary development project teams.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
· Lead the development and implementation of diagnostic strategies for individual projects and/or therapeutic areas
· Direct the development, outsourcing and validation of clinically applicable companion diagnostic assays for FIH and registrational studies
· Design, implement and oversee diagnostic testing and data analysis
· Provide expertise to development project teams to ensure access to state-of-the art thinking on appropriate diagnostic technologies, evaluating their scientific basis and clinical applicability, the validation status and any technical or statistical issues related to the proposed companion diagnostic assay
· Lead joint development teams between AbbVie and Dx partners to ensure successful fit for purpose CDx development and that co-development timelines are met
· Serve as subject matter expert in state-of-the-art biomarker testing technologies (immunohistochemistry, FISH, NGS, PCR, flow cytometry, etc)
· Will lead interactions with global health authorities regarding companion diagnostics development and submissions
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Highly experienced biomedical professional (PhD or MD/PhD) with a minimum of 5-7 years of post-doctoral and/or relevant industry experience with expertise in oncology/immunology/neuroscience biomarker and/or companion diagnostic development
· Experience and knowledge in the technical and regulatory aspects companion diagnostic development
· Cross-functional experience in commercial and or medical aspects of companion diagnostics is a plus
· Demonstrated excellence in independently leading and conducting research and ability to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific data
· Experience in human translational research with biomarker application in clinical trials and awareness of the challenges of implementing diagnostic technologies in the clinical setting is desirable
· Excellent leadership skills including motivation and influencing without authority
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
· High level of initiative and ability to work independently
· High level of business awareness
· Experience in Heme Oncology therapeutic area is a PLUS
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.