We are seeking an experienced Senior Associate Scientist with a proven background in upstream process development and operations to help expand our therapeutic pipeline. We are seeking a diligent, process-oriented, competent, and self-motivated individual. A willingness to embrace our cultural values is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments to develop and improve upstream bioprocesses related to recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) suspension manufacturing. Activities will include mammalian cell culture, set up and operation of benchtop bioreactors, scale up and scale-down, technology development, and process optimization.
- Analyze experimental data and develop strategies to improve bioprocessing protocols with regards to yield, purity, and recovery
- Provide clear and timely documentation of experimental results via electronic notebook and communicate data to supervisor and team members
- Present scientific results at team research meetings
- Prepare and contribute to technical reports and presentations
- Follow advancements in the field of gene editing and gene therapy published in the literature, presented at conferences and be familiar with appropriate regulatory guidances
- Collaborate closely with other members of the Gene Editing Vector Core, Preclinical Teams, and ElevateBio/Basecamp
- Support internal and external process transfer activities from process development to GMP manufacturing
- Maintain equipment and workplace in an orderly and clean manner according to regulatory ready research
- Contact equipment vendors to evaluate new instruments and technologies for improvements to the production process
- BS or MS degree in a biological or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent). BS degree with at least 4 years of experience or master’s degree with 1-2 years of related laboratory experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and parameter optimization utilizing suspension-based bioreactor systems
- Experience with upstream process development specific to rAAV strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience utilizing and maintaining technical platforms for monitoring cell growth and metabolic profile including cell counters, blood-gas analyzers, osmometers, metabolite analyzers
- Demonstrated ability to generate results and implement improvements to processes that increase flexibility and robustness, improve workflow, and reduce variability
- Applicants should be highly organized, self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working independently as well as in a group setting
- Proficiency with statistical experimental design, data analysis and report writing is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required, familiarity with JMP and GraphPad Prism is a benefit
Why join Life Edit and the ElevateBio ecosystem?
Life Edit Therapeutics is an integrated subsidiary of ElevateBio, a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company that is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that can change the future of medicine. Our integrated model combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit gene editing – and cGMP manufacturing to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.Our ecosystem is designed to enhance speed, delivery, and probability of success to change patient lives.
Life Edit is an integral part of ElevateBio’s ecosystem of platform technologies and is pioneering focused next-generation gene editing technologies and therapeutics. Located in Durham, NC, members of Life Edit work closely with the ElevateBio Research and Development and BaseCamp manufacturing teams in Waltham, MA. Life Edit is advancing therapeutic programs in collaboration with industry partners while building its own internal pipeline of gene editing therapies. We are looking for a unique individual who can continue to lead the cultural development of Life Edit and build on its momentum as an integral part of the ElevateBio ecosystem.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.