Life Edit is seeking a scientist knowledgeable in genome editing technologies and experienced in performing mammalian cell culture experiments to be part of a highly collaborative team focused on advancing Life Edit’s RNA-guided editing systems. As a member of the Technology Development group, the selected candidate will work on external partnership programs with the overall goal of developing and characterizing new gene editing programs for select diseases and transition these programs from research to preclinical evaluation and clinical advancement. We are looking for an enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated scientist to join our team and make significant contributions that support our external partnership programs.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Design and execute experiments to assess new gene editing systems in different cell types and disease areas.
- Support the generation of stable cell lines containing disease causing mutations to evaluate Life Edit gene editing systems.
- Develop assays to evaluate the effect of genotypic changes on disease specific functional endpoints.
- Collaborate closely with bioinformatics to assess quality of common NGS analyses, including read quality, mapping statistics, read depth.
- Analyze and critically summarize experimental data and present results internally at various team and company meetings.
- Maintain meticulous records of experimental methods, tool development and protocols.
- Follow current literature in the field of gene therapy and genome editing and attend conferences.
- A background in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field
- Ph.D with 1-2+ years or M.S. with 5-7+ years of experience in a related field is required.
- Expertise culturing, transfecting, and analyzing cell lines and primary cells.
- Experience with cell line development
- Direct experience delivering genome editing systems to mammalian cells using multiple delivery methods including nucleofection, lipofection, and lipid nanoparticles.
- Experience with modern molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, NGS, Flow cytometry and ELISAs.
- Experience maintaining and organizing ELN documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Industry experience and familiarity with gene editing technologies strongly preferred.
We’re committed to finding the best ways to support our teams so they can do their best work. We take care of our employees, right from the start.
Health & Wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance covered at 90%
- Low deductible, no co-insurance and no copays for mental health visits (for in-network care)
- Annual fitness reimbursement
- Employer paid for access to wellness apps and programs like Task Human
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plans with a 4% employer match and no vesting period.
- Employer-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored flexible spending accounts (FSA) and dependent care account (DCA)
- Access to a 1-on-1 financial advisor
- Commuter reimbursement benefit
- Monthly cell phone stipend
Time Off & Flexibility
- Unlimited paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, family leave, personal days, and bereavement.
- 18 paid company holidays, plus an end-of-year holiday shut down.
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML), administered by Unum.
- Insights Discovery training for every employee to make the most of workplace relationships.
- Ongoing professional development, including manager training.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning, a self-guided online education platform
Why join Life Edit and the ElevateBio ecosystem?
Life Edit Therapeutics is an integrated subsidiary of ElevateBio, a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company that is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that can change the future of medicine. Our integrated model combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit gene editing – and cGMP manufacturing to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.Our ecosystem is designed to enhance speed, delivery, and probability of success to change patient lives.
Life Edit is an integral part of ElevateBio’s ecosystem of platform technologies and is pioneering focused next-generation gene editing technologies and therapeutics. Located in Durham, NC, members of Life Edit work closely with the ElevateBio Research and Development and BaseCamp manufacturing teams in Waltham, MA. Life Edit is advancing therapeutic programs in collaboration with industry partners while building its own internal pipeline of gene editing therapies. We are looking for a unique individual who can continue to lead the cultural development of Life Edit and build on its momentum as an integral part of the ElevateBio ecosystem.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.