At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
The Sr. Director- Packaging is responsible to provide operational leadership ensuring effective and accelerated delivery and stabilization of device packaging assets. This role has responsibility to bridge the project delivery team and the cross functional operational team de-bottlenecking constraints. Within scope of the role is ensuring integration of a fully automated dock to dock material movement and storage strategy.
This position supports the assets being deployed at RTP, reports to the RTP Site Head, and will be a member of the Site Lead Team. This position will work in close contact with the RTP Lead Team ensuring focus on packaging asset delivery while enabling the operational team to accelerate ramp up and stabilization of deployed assets. This position will also have back up responsibilities for the device assembly operations.
- Provide Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Quality leadership for the DAP Flow team.
- Support Site Leadership to build a diverse and capable site organization based in engineering first principles and operational excellence. Talent management, development, and retention within the RTP organization (and beyond).
- Provide project and operational technical leadership to deliver Packaging assets in an effective and accelerated manner.
- Represent operational capabilities beyond the Lilly RTP site (e.g. other Lilly sites and global functional groups).
- Partner with Technical Services, Quality and Engineering leadership to deliver functionally strong and operationally centered results.
- Deliver equipment, lines, and supporting systems through user requirements, design, build, verification, qualification, validation, and subsequent operation.
- Develop and refine local processes and procedures for the operational function.
- Ensure practice matches procedure.
- Champion continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure performance against business objectives and make necessary changes to improve performance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies associated with the area sponsoring or supporting the following initiatives: Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- This role has direct interaction with Regulatory Agencies during site inspections.
- Understand and influence the manufacturing control strategy for device packaging.
- At least 10 years engineering experience in manufacturing site
- At least 5 years previous management or leadership experience including leading or working effectively with a cross functional group
- Front line experience in device assembly and or packaging operations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to train and mentor others
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Solid understanding of basic requirements of regulatory agencies
- Previous facility or area start up experience
- Previous experience in operations and engineering
- Previous experience with highly automated equipment
- Previous experience with combination products, device assembly, pharmaceutical packaging, drug product formulation and filling in aseptic environment
- Previous equipment qualification and process validation experience
- Previous experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems and electronic batch release.
- Previous experience with Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) Warehouses or AGVs
- Previous experience with deviation and change management systems including Trackwise
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- The position is for the Lilly Research Triangle Park site.
- Ability to work 8 hour days – Monday through Friday
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to travel up to 20% during Asset Delivery and < 10% after startup
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.