The Insurance Verification Specialist performs detailed insurance benefit verifications while effectively communicating with patients/families, physicians, and third-party payers.
The Insurance Verification Specialist is a part of the Customer Operations Department in the Arlington, Virginia, office and reports directly to the Insurance Verification Manager.
- Protect confidential patient health information at all stages of the verification of benefits process
- Perform detailed verifications of benefits for patients seeking treatment with Kerecis products
- Obtain patient responsibility, research payer coverage criteria and any required prior authorization requirements
- Track tasks, review reports for accuracy and completeness, prepare and send insurance benefit verification results to healthcare providers on deadline
- Report and resolve any payer delays/challenges and/or escalated complaints
- Collaborate with Market Access and Reimbursement teams
- Develop productive working relationships with the U.S. Direct Sales team to coordinate support to healthcare providers and patients
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time. Kerecis is an equal opportunity employer.