Kerecis (www.kerecis.com) is a biotechnology company that is pioneering the use of fish skin and fatty acids in the globally expanding cellular therapy and regenerative medicine market. The fatty-acid-rich products from the company’s patented technologies protect the body’s own tissues and enable the body to regenerate tissues.
Kerecis seeks a highly motivated Payroll Analyst to support the US operations. Daily responsibilities will include preparing and distributing payroll, inquiry research and response, maintaining and updating records, and providing a high level of customer service. The Payroll Analyst is a part of the Finance team in the Arlington, Virginia, office and reports directly to the Director of US Finance Operations. This role will be full time. Essential Functions:
- Process payroll transactions for employees in the United States
- Accurately enter payroll data, including bonuses and other variable pay
- Maintain and update payroll records and reports.
- Review and verify source documents for bonuses and other variable pay and submit for approval by appropriate manager
- Collect and verify timesheets and required approvals
- Process garnishment requests.
- Close out payroll accounts for separating employees and verify termination payouts by state
- Liase with HR department on payroll related items such as benefits and leave
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies
- Answer payroll related inquiries from employees and vendors.
- Ensure adherence to federal, state, and local payroll regulations
- Work with third party vendors for tax and business registrations.
- Verify employee employment and salaries for third parties
- Distribute variable pay reports to employees.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Paylocity, preferred.
- Communication skills – verbal & written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player.
- Must have either a bachelor’s degree or no less than two years of relevant experience
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time. Kerecis LLC is an equal opportunity employer.