: Research Associate III (AAV Engineering)
: Associate Director, AAV Engineering
: Research (Neurology)
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo
genome editing, and in vivo
genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today's medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo
genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let's build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a talented Research Associate to support the development of novel adeno-associated viruses with improved delivery properties. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of therapeutics across our pipeline and in supporting the translation of research efforts into the clinic. The position requires adaptability, organization, attention to detail, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals. This is an on-site position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Advance the development of novel AAV capsids for targeted gene delivery to the central nervous system
- Conduct molecular cloning, sequencing, and DNA purification to generate constructs required for AAV production and experimentation
- Perform biological and biochemical assays to characterize novel AAV capsids
- Perform protein purification from mammalian cells and conduct assays to assess protein purity
- Conduct aseptic cell culture of transformed and primary mammalian cells
- Prepare libraries for next-generation sequencing
- Process tissue samples to isolate high quality RNA and DNA
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular and/or cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company
- Proficient in experimental design and capable of optimizing and adapting protocols
- Experience assisting in interpreting, and troubleshooting experiments
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques including vector construction, primer design, quantitative PCR, Gibson assembly, nucleic acid purification
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and fluorescent microscopy
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing and high throughput library screening
- Prefer candidates who are proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills are desired
- Ability to effectively communicate data and interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Dedicated, hard-working, and dependable
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
The anticipated salary range is for candidates who will work in our Brisbane or Point Richmond, CA offices. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience with the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.. This salary range may not apply to remote positions that work in other states.
Note to External Recruiters
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please email email@example.com. We will reach out to you directly if there is a business need for your services.