The Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high-quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories, and backed by a team of service experts, we are dedicated to microbiology. For over 30 years, we have provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
Location: Remote but must live near a major airport
- Responsible for strategic business development of Reference Laboratory and IDN (Integrated Delivery Network) accounts.
- The incumbent will work with other applicable personnel on the execution of strategic and tactical plans for securing new Reference Laboratory and IDN contracts.
- Incumbent will deploy keen negotiation skills to close business that results in selling value-added products and services to customers and provides profitable sales growth for the Microbiology US business.
- Responsible for developing strong account relationships at an executive level for the purpose of growing sales of Remel/Oxoid branded products. Developing and coordinating sales presentations and manages account development.
- Responsible for gaining new contracts and then driving all associated activity to implement the strategy related to those contracts.
- Primary responsibility for sales in assigned Reference Labs and IDNs. Negotiates pricing and contract terms with customers. Acts upon final approval from the Sr. Director of Sales. Provides the primary executive interface between the company and customers. Monitors changes in all account sales and service levels.
- Develops a business plan for each Reference Lab/IDN account assigned; monitors and reports progress monthly and develops and implements tactics to exceed sales and GP goals. Monitors business progress and advises MBD US management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Coordinates with internal departments and authorized Thermo Fisher Scientific Distributor partners to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals. Coordinates and presents Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition and customer solutions in a selling situation. This includes product development activities, packaging, promotions, pricing, billing, customer service and contracts.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term national account strategy
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Operations in developing the most effective distribution and inventory system and procedures to service Corporate Accounts.
- Recommends and coordinates activities of field sales personnel through Regional Business Managers, and internal MBD associates in the execution of tactical plans for each assigned account.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing and/or related experience. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years proven sales record
- Proven track record in leading laterally and influencing without authority to accomplish business initiatives on behalf of our customers
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Proven success in managing large accounts and segments of business
- Strong track record of building relationships internally and using company resources to achieve objectives
- Able to make decisions independently, and to benefit the company
- High level of intensity, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong passion for the responsibility of the position and the contribution to the overall business
- Ability to travel 75%
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.