About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Principal Computational and Systems Biology (C&SB) Scientist and become part of a multi-disciplinary drug discovery group with a mission to provide innovative therapies for GI diseases, including inflammatory bowel disease and chronic liver disorders. You will contribute to projects from early discovery to clinical development by designing and leading in silico strategies, and executing on biomarker and translational data analysis plans. You will be an integral collaborator in large-scale multi-omics data studies with internal groups, CROs, and academic partners. As part of the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU) team, you will report to a Computational Biology Group leader and engage with key stakeholders including biologists, data science and engineering groups, translational medicine, and biomarker teams.
How you will contribute:
- Be a subject matter expert in projects requiring genomic and high-dimensional data analyses.
- Be a scientific consultant or as manager of a matrix project team; formulate and lead data analysis strategies with internal or external resources and ensure milestones, deliverables are met regarding timelines and expectations of data quality.
- Perform multi-omics and multi-modal data integration to identify molecular predictors, inform pathway/target mechanism of action, and achieve translational medicine goals.
- Design and apply computational methods to analyze, integrate, visualize, and interpret bulk and single cell readouts (scRNA-Seq, snRNA-Seq, CyTOF), proteomics, metabolomics, epigenomics, and spatial tissue profiling datasets.
- Present scientific reports in internal meetings in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization, and for external audiences.
- Establish partnership with and maintain a collaborative, integrated role with project teams to influence the experimental design, assays needed, data generation, analysis, integration, and interpretation.
- Proactively identify complex obstacles, recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources.
- Work with data and quantitative scientists and data engineering groups to enhance our computational infrastructure, build on innovative C&SB solutions and intuitive multi-omics interface.
- Independently design, develop, and execute research assignments contributing to multiple projects.
- Participate in due diligences of external opportunities when needed.
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues effectively, performing as a role model supporting Takeda culture.
- Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years experience.
- Previous industry experience and a strong background in applying computational and systems biology to research, translational and clinical programs with demonstrated ability to meet program objectives and timelines.
- Proven leadership experience of multi-part and complex computational or systems biology projects.
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills.
- Strong knowledge, experience, and scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics.
- Biological knowledge in one or more areas of inflammation, inflammatory bowel disease, or liver and gut fibrosis.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve scientific problems using multiple, state-of-the-art technologies and approaches.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale multi-omics (e.g. bulk or single-cell, spatial sequencing, proteomics, epigenetics, and more), multi-modal data integration, network analysis, and meta-analyses.
- Proficiency with machine learning is preferred.
- Proficiency with computational method evaluation, development, and implementation.
- Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux, command line interfaces, and fluency in some common scripting and/or programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, Java, C / C++) used for statistical and computational multi-omics analysis.
- Familiarity with popular public domain data sources and programmatic interfaces.
- Familiarity with high performance computing, relational databases (e.g., SQL), and cloud computing or distributed computing (Amazon Web Services).
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $143,500 to $205,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Cambridge - Binney StWorker Type