About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
This position is currently classified as “Hybrid” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy. Please note that the successful incumbent must live within a commutable distance to Appleton, WI.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- Partners with operations and quality to understand training and development needs for specific business performance issues and assists with determining strategies to meet those needs.
- Assists with the recruitment for and management of the Manager Trainee programs.
- Works directly with Manager Trainees to develop soft skills, administrative skills and technical skills.
- Creates and facilitates leadership and/or technical training courses.
Employee Development (25%)
- Evaluates new managers, leaders or trainees’ needs and growth patterns to optimize training and development costs, ROI and provide a Best Place to Work experience. Seeks feedback from network in order to assess trainee performance.
- Administers Learning Paths within the LxP and other learning & development platforms.
- Mentors new managers, leaders or trainees and provides feedback and coaching to guide leadership and technical development.
- Assists in the design, development and execution of assessment processes for trainees, leaders or new managers to ensure development program effectiveness.
- Contributes in the scheduling and tracking of development program requirements to include course offerings and training plans.
- Communicates continuously and resolves conflicts proactively.
Strategic Planning and Continuous Improvement (25%)
- Partners with operations and quality to understand training and development needs for specific business performance goals and issues to determine strategies to meet those needs.
- Collaborates across the organization to stay up to date with current technical and leadership expectations and goals to ensure program alignment.
- Analyzes development program data and identifies trends to determine opportunities. Evaluates and implements program and process improvements.
- Researches developments in training by reading books, going to seminars/meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Occasionally assists in the selection of talent to include participation in interviews, screening, job fairs, creation of marketing materials, website site management, etc.
- Promotes development programs through various communication methods tailored appropriately to the audience.
- Serves as a development programs ambassador and main point of contact for any program questions or feedback.
Facilitation and Course Development (50%)
- Course facilitation of designated leadership and/or technical classes and workshops.
- Creates and/or revises course content or workshops to meet the needs of attendees.
- Manages enrolment, internal marketing and logistics of learning events and sessions
- Coordinates with stakeholders, BioLife University facilitators and internal customers to provide a Best Place to Work Training & Development Experience.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Extremely solid presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to identify needs, design training and performance solutions and measure impact.
- Ability to influence partners and key stakeholder groups.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and communicate with senior management.
- Ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop, and recognize a team of diverse individuals.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation slides required with database knowledge being highly desirable.
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Seeks guidance from Sr. OMT Program & Leadership Development Curriculum Lead for medium to high impact decisions and urgent matters.
- Routinely makes low to medium impact decisions involving program expectations.
- Consults with BioLife SMEs and/or center management teams to effectively problem solve.
- Coordinates with BioLife University and other HQ support departments to ensure program and manager development success.
- Collaborates with and supports new managers, manager trainees and center management teams.
- Consults and receives feedback from manager and center management teams.
- Promotes program to internal and external customers.
- May participate in the management of projects and new initiatives within the company.
- Supports Sr. OMT Program & Leadership Development Curriculum Lead in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures.
- Responsible for approving travel and spend for direct reports.
- International travel for self and direct reports requires pre-approval.
- All spend outside of usual expenses require approval.
- Ability to travel up to 40% domestically.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to secure a rental car.
- May require weekend and extended work periods.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business discipline or a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience preferably in a medical or other regulated field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in training and development and/or HR. Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education or in behavioral sciences area
- FLSA Classification (US) - Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - WI - Appleton - Schroth Ln BWorker Type