Who We Are >>> Why You Should Work With Us
Olema Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of targeted therapies for women’s cancers. Olema’s lead product candidate, palazestrant (OP-1250), is a proprietary, orally-available small molecule with dual activity as both a complete estrogen receptor (ER) antagonist (CERAN) and a selective ER degrader (SERD). It is currently being evaluated both as a single agent in an ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial, and in combination with CDK4/6 inhibitors (palbociclib and ribociclib) and a PI3Ka inhibitor (alpelisib), in patients with recurrent, locally advanced or metastatic ER-positive (ER+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-) breast cancer. Palazestrant has been granted FDA Fast Track designation for the treatment of ER+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer that has progressed following one or more lines of endocrine therapy with at least one line given in combination with a CDK4/6 inhibitor. Olema is headquartered in San Francisco and has operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit us at www.olema.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Onto something big, together. Olema is made up of people who are passionate beyond measure. Each and every day, we come together to do amazing things – for each other, for science, and for women with cancer.
Our modern hybrid workplace model encourages employees to split their week between working from home and at our lab/office, while also providing several allowances to help with both home office and commute expenses.
While at the lab/office, our teams build their camaraderie, opening the door for more authentic mentorship and career development opportunities. While at home, employees can make the most of their time – whether that’s picking up the kids from school, going on a mid-day run, or catching up on chores. Through this model, we strive to offer our employees the best of both work models.
About the Role >>> Director, Business Development
As the Director of Business Development reporting to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer, you will play an important leadership role across Olema’s corporate and business development activities, both internally and externally, while also conducting strategic financial analysis and competitive intelligence research aligned with the company’s business development vision.
This is a highly visible role requiring a hands-on, tech-savvy project manager with excellent communication skills, solid scientific acumen and a strong background in financial modeling and end-to-end business development transaction experience. The role will be based out of our Boston office and requires occasional travel.
You will primarily:
- Hold a leadership role across all business development activities in partnership with the COO/CFO and CEO
- Manage business development partnership programs (current and potential), including project sourcing, due diligence, financial modeling & projections, and deal negotiations
- Collect, analyze, and report on the competitive landscape and industry trends to inform business strategy
- Develop financial projections, analysis and valuation models for potential corporate collaborations, business plans, and partnerships
- Field and respond to business development inquiries (internally and externally)
- Position the company as a partner of choice to biotech and pharma companies through a variety of interactions and networking
- Assist the COO/CFO in investor outreach, including the creation and presentation of impactful messaging and external communications
- Partner with the internal scientific and clinical teams to better understand the company pipeline and strategic interests
Ideal Candidate Profile >>> Hands-on Business Development Leader with Industry Experience
A love of challenging, important work. We are a pragmatic team, driven to imagine and develop meaningful therapies for improving lives. All employees within our company play a unique and crucial role in our success, both in accomplishing our mission and building a positive company culture. As such, we are looking for someone with the right combination of knowledge, experience, and attributes for this role.
- BA/BS in scientific field or related discipline, required
- MBA from top university program, required
- Well-developed understanding of biotech industry dynamics and current knowledge of the oncology landscape, required
- Knowledge of the drug development process, required
- Experience in oncology therapeutic area, preferred
- 7-10 years of business development experience, required
- Biotech industry experience, required
- Analytical and financial modeling experience, required
- Track record of successfully managing projects and partner programs, required
- Licensing experience, preferred
- Due diligence request experience, preferred
- Running a data room for due diligence activities, preferred
- Demonstrated track-record of leadership and success
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Highly collaborative, able to work cross-functionally with other teams
- Passion for building relationships around scientific collaboration; comfortable discussing technical concepts with potential partners
- Tech-savvy and nimble
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to forge relationships and build consensus
- Professional demeanor
- Creative thinker, able to translate development goals into a business development strategy with appropriate tactics
- Emerging leader with a growth mindset, willing to learn from others
The base pay range for this position is expected to be $190,000 - $240,000 annually, however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market, job related knowledge, skills and capabilities, and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity, bonus, and benefits.
Important Information >>>
We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and believe that great ideas and discoveries come from a mix of expertise, background, and experience. Olema is building a culture where the value of difference is celebrated.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, seeking to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower employees and provide them with a platform to develop their long-term careers. A Summary of Benefits is available for all applicants.
Olema also requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations. The health and safety of our employees is important to us!
Please note: Olema doesn’t accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
Additional Note/Fraud Alert: Olema will not conduct interviews via text message or messaging platforms and will not ask you to download anything as part of your interview. Though we use third party tools to help with advertising our jobs, please be vigilant in checking that the communication is in fact coming from Olema.