A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
RESILIENCE (National Resilience, Inc.) is a first-of-its-kind manufacturing and technology company dedicated to broadening access to complex medicines and protecting biopharmaceutical supply chains against disruption.Founded in 2020, the company is building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to ensure the medicines of today and tomorrow can be made quickly, safely, and at scale.
RESILIENCE will offer the highest quality and regulatory capabilities and flexible and adaptive facilities to serve partners of all sizes. By continuously advancing the science of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development, RESILIENCE frees partners to focus on the discoveries that improve patients’ lives.
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer at the West Chester, OH site, you will bring to realization the Resilience automation strategy across the manufacturing network, encompassing drug product fill-finish equipment, material handling, and warehousing.
You’ll work with digital, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, and other key stakeholders to define the requirements, execute projects, and sustain various manufacturing systems at the site.This includes leading the manufacturing systems platforms' specification, configuration, implementation, administration, maintenance, and operational support.
With a problem-solving and service-orientation mindset, this role is ideal for early career candidates looking to grow their technical expertise and gain exposure to a diverse array of manufacturing systems, including Automated Material Handling Systems (AMHS), Warehouse Execution Systems (WES), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Process Control Systems, and Historian. You'll need a strong curiosity and growth mindset with a willingness to share and brainstorm new ways to do things.
- Designs, specifies and supports the manufacturing systems platforms, including implementing modifications to improve operational performance and product quality.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement manufacturing systems projects and enhancements, focusing on manufacturing execution, automation techniques, and equipment integration.
- Supports automation activities throughout technology transfer into the manufacturing network and provides continued support and troubleshooting throughout manufacturing campaigns.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to Manufacturing, Technical Operations, and other departments for designing and operating manufacturing systems platforms, including investigations support.
- Coordinate with Digital Quality and Computer System Validation teams to generate and implement lifecycle documentation and validation protocols.
- Build relationships and collaborate with Manufacturing, Technical Operations/Engineering, Manufacturing Science/Strategy & Technology, and Quality organizations on-site and globally.
- Experience in manufacturing operational technology (OT) environments.
- Experience working with manufacturing systems a plus (AMHS, WES, MES, LIMS, SCADA)
- High-level problem-solving and reasoning skills
- High-level computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record for delivering results on large, cross-functional projects.
- Strong collaboration skills across business, IT, and external vendors/suppliers.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Chemical, Biomedical/Biotechnology, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering)
- 5 + years of experience in manufacturing operational technology (OT) environments.
- Work experience in the biotech, biopharmaceutical, or chemical industries a plus
- Previous experience implementing and supporting Manufacturing Systems (AMHS, WES, MES, Process Control Systems, Historian, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ERP, specifically supply chain and operations (Inventory Management and Order Management)
- Database administration and SQL scripting
- Web application development using PHP
- Fluency in supporting the digitization of manufacturing and engineering business processes by bringing IT know-how to Manufacturing and Technical Operations business partners.
- Builder mentality that seeks to produce innovation, agility, and velocity to support business-as-usual operations and new project implementation.
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target annualized base pay hiring range for this position is $90,000.00 - $135,000.00. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.