Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is primarily laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data, and the independence to design and implement novel experimental designs in support of drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Principal Research Investigator in the Oncology department and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, design, execute, and analyze experiments independently.
- Take ownership/leadership of certain program goals as needed
- Train/mentor/manage more junior scientists as needed
- Identify and characterize appropriate cell models that are dependent on the target of interest, both in vitro and in vivo
- Utilize compounds and molecular target manipulation (e.g. RNAi) to dissect target function and dependency
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and cell sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation.
- Design, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats, such as ELISA, quantitative Western, cell viability/death, assays using Incucyte instrumentation, etc.
- Perform molecular techniques including cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, cell line engineering
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Coordinate with external groups (CROs or academic groups) when needed
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Keep up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
- Proficiency in aseptic tissue culture techniques and mammalian cell tissue culture is required.
- Experience performing western blots and ELISAs is required.
- Experience with transfection, lentiviral infection, and stable cell line creation is preferred.
- Development and optimization of cell-based assays using a variety of readout technologies is preferred.
- Experience designing and analyzing samples from in vivo studies is preferred.
- Experience working with CROs is preferred.
- Knowledge of cancer biology is preferred.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn is required.
- The ability to work and problem solve independently and be self-motivated is required, as are excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Prism, etc. is required.
- PhD in biological sciences or related discipline with 5-8+ years relevant experience or BS/MS with 12+ years relevant experience.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer