Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Director, GPM&L drives development and execution of programs, projects, and strategic initiatives for Daiichi Sankyo global R&D function. The Director will be able to independently define and execute on our strategic initiatives, work across the organization and with senior leaders to ensure input and collaboration to meet the ever-changing global needs for Daiichi Sankyo. Will lead project and change management for complex, cross-functional initiatives for global teams and workstreams, ensuring comprehensive understanding of business and stakeholder needs, planning and optimal execution and adoption within the business. Includes regular communications and presentations with senior leaders and executive forum presentations. Assignments include strategy enablement leveraging multiple skill sets such as project management, process improvement, change management and analytics. In addition, this position will lead and support divisional and departmental level objectives for Asset & Portfolio Management. Will also provide innovative thinking to ensure solutions are successfully adopted within the organization. The Director will provide oversight and guidance to 2-3 direct reports in addition to other cross-functional team members. Ensure interactions and timely collaboration across R&D, key stakeholders and supporting functions. Proactively identify and facilitate risks, mitigations, resolution and escalation of issues, tracking and communicating status to stakeholders and group leadership. Strong communications skills required with the ability to engage with senior leaders through various communication mechanisms and presentations. The successful candidate has a solid understanding of the drug development process and is skilled in the use of project management tools. Experience working on global, cross-functional teams as well as an understanding of facilitating high-functioning teams.
- Strategy - Understand organizational strategy, independently define, manage and lead the implementation of the strategic objectives. Provide thought-leadership and innovative ways to support strategic execution for the organization. Ability to influence and align with high level stakeholders to ensure business alignment and the change is successfully embedded within the business.
- Project Management - Ability to work independently across multiple stakeholder groups, identify and manage decisions and escalations to senior leadership. Collaborate with global, cross-functional project teams to define project scope, deliverables, responsibilities and timelines. Prioritize work effort and lead multiple project teams to drive completion of deliverables. Communicate with senior leaders and conduct Executive presentations.
- Change Management - Lead the approach and requirements for change management and communications for the implementation of the initiatives owned by the SIG team within APM. Identify the needs and define the content required to support change management, communications and training needs (e.g., stakeholder analysis, training requirements, stakeholder communications) to ensure successful implementation within the business. Collaborate with change leaders across the organization to ensure harmonization with the approach, addressing cross-functional business impacts, dependencies and interdependencies.
- Process Improvement - Ability to identify and lead process improvement efforts across the organization. Provide strategic input and facilitate workshops to define current state, future state and process gaps.
- Analytics - Define needs and lead the delivery of senior level management reports and dashboards. Understand survey tools and metrics and how to deploy across the initiatives to monitor performance of improvements.
- People Management and Leadership - Direct oversight of >2 direct reports. Attract, hire, retain, coach, develop and promote talent individuals to exceed expectations in delivering on company business objectives. Coach and support individual development of team. Provide feedback, coaching support, and recognition to direct reports including objective setting, mid-year assessment, year-end review. Foster a positive work environment where different work styles and approaches, that still meet individual and team objectives, are sought out and encouraged.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or business. required
- Master's Degree or Advanced degree in science or business preferred.
- 10 or More Years relevant project and change management, process improvement, business analysis or consulting experience required.
- Prior work experience as a top tier management consultant, project and change manager or similar role in pharmaceutical drug development desirable.
- Project Management, Change Management or Process improvement qualification, certification or diploma preferred.
- Scientific background desirable preferred
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry/drug development preferred.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.