What we do:
Ambrx (NASDAQ: AMAM) is a clinical-stage biologics company focused on discovering and developing a novel class of specific and selective engineered precision biologics, using our proprietary platform technology that allows site-specific incorporation of synthetic amino acids (SAAs) into proteins within living cells. Our product candidates are designed to overcome the inherent limitations of conventional conjugation approaches that use non-site-specific conjugation, in order to optimize for safety and efficacy benefits across multiple therapeutic classes in broad therapeutic areas.
How will you contribute to our mission:
The innovative and highly motivated Scientist I/II will be responsible for developing cell culture medium, feeding strategies, process parameter optimization, and scale-up to support R&D, large scale production, pre-clinical, and clinical activities. Participation in writing development reports, protocols, batch records and technology transfer will also be required. This scientist should demonstrate strong scientific/technical and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively. The candidate will apply biological and engineering expertise to develop recombinant protein production processes suitable for large-scale cGMP manufacturing and acts as a mentor for those with similar or less cell culture/engineering expertise, providing both technical expertise and leadership to understand potential career paths. This job may require some travel to development partners and other manufacturing sites both in and outside the US.
What you will need for consideration:
- PhD with 0+ or Master's Degree with 6+ years industrial experience and a degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related field.
- Must have hands on experience in process development utilizing CHO cells to produce biologics using, shake flasks, 5L bioreactors, perfusion technology, Ambr15 and Ambr250 automated bioreactor systems.
- Knowledgeable in cell culture process scale-up and technology transfer to contract manufacturing organizations.
- Must have a proven record of innovation and have the ability to apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems.
- A good understanding of cell physiology, metabolism, and cell biology.
- Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast paced environment and stay focused on project deliverables.
- Work with minimum supervision in designing and executing experiments and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis of data.
- Working knowledge of GMPs and experience writing SOPs and batch records.
- Medium/feed development experience for CHO cell culture.
- Experience with pilot scale bioreactors and primary recovery equipment.
The pay scale for this position is: $97,000 - $123,000 commensurate with experience. We believe this to be possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting, and we may modify this pay scale in the future.