Just is seeking a motivated and creative Environmental Monitoring (EM) Technician who desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. The EM Technician will join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary Quality Control (QC) team. This position will be responsible for routine sampling of the controlled classified cleanrooms and critical utilities at the Seattle and Redmond, WA GMP facilities. These efforts support GMP manufacturing activities for clinical and commercial biotherapeutic products. As a key member of the QC group, the successful candidate will have excellent aseptic technique, good documentation practices, be an organized thinker, practice strong written and verbal communication skills, multitask effectively and work well independently and collaborative on teams.
- Perform routine environmental monitoring sampling and testing including viable air, viable surface, and non-viable particulate testing in non-sterile and aseptic processing environments.
- Collect water samples (city, RO, DI, Milli-Q, WFI, etc.) from various valve locations throughout the Seattle and Redmond, WA facilities.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness and organization through routine disinfection of laboratory surfaces and equipment, inventory management, and participation in 5S activities.
- Perform all work in compliance with site quality, and safety guidelines.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Material Management, Facilities/Engineering and other functions to ensure internal timelines, sample testing turnaround times and team milestones are achieved.
- Provide support during routine and emergency activities in support of facility repairs, shutdowns, and cleaning activities.
- May perform microbiological lab support activities (Gram stains, plate reads, plate transfers, Total Organic Carbon analysis, etc.) with additional training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree (or) completion of four college-level life science courses required.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong background in microbiology with 2-3 years of GMP experience.
- Experience performing environmental monitoring testing and/or microbiological testing preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and data management skills.
- Strong adherence to data integrity requirements.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn regulatory requirements and guidelines (ICH, CFR, FDA) as they relate to environmental monitoring.
- Travel between Seattle and Redmond site required.
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body.
- Required to stand or sit for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Ability to use various cleaning and disinfectant agents.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), kneeling, crouching, twisting the upper body, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and reach without accommodation.
- Exposure to medium noise levels.
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $25 to $32/hour; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, short-term and long-term disability, company paid basic life insurance, 401k company match, flexible work, generous paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.