About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our legacy Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility in Clayton, NC is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. At IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Serves as site responsible electrical engineer, SME, & owner of the DFP-US site electrical system. Support the maintenance, operation, & improvement of all site electrical systems. Develop & maintain site electrical standards including operating procedures, single lines, panel schedules, & all other relevant documentation for compliance with Novo Nordisk standards, national codes & industry best engineering & safety practices. Lead & manage site or area electrical system improvement & expansion projects. Serve as SME (subject matter expert) on the site electrical distribution, power monitoring, & back up generation systems.
Reports to Senior Project Manager.
- Evaluates electrical system designs & installations, products, components, capabilities, suitability & applications
- Manages & executes electrical system distribution, maintenance, upgrades, modifications, & improvement projects
- Evaluates completed installations & observes operation to ensure conformance to design & equipment specifications & compliance with operational & safety standards
- Identify & manages service contracts for electrical system & other related equipment service contracts
- Maintains product & company reputation by complying with federal & state regulations.
- Identify & support required EHS & regulatory safety training requirements & leads efforts to ensure compliance
- Maintain the Arc Flash/Selective Coordination/Load Flow Studies software
- Conducts system or equipment walk downs with respect to electrical design & installation
- Ensures identification of & collaboration regarding interfaces to other processes & support systems
- Participates in design work shops with engineering suppliers for any future projects
- Create, develop, & maintain system SOPs, maintenance plans, training plans, electrical diagrams, single lines, or other related electrical system documentation
- Facilitate knowledge transfer from projects to facilities & operations where applicable
- Maintains SME status by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
Moves equipment &/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions. Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands. Strap & unstrap pallets using hands. Must be able to be on your feet for up to a 12 hour shift. May require corrected vision to 20/20 or 20/25 based on role. May require color vision based on role. Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder. May be required to work at elevated heights. Occasionally works around odorous &/or hazardous materials. May be required to wear latex gloves. May perform critical job functions in extremely cold work environments depending on site. May position oneself within confined spaces for inspection if required of the role. Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection. May be required to secure a motorized vehicle license & operate a motorized vehicle based on the role.
- Education: BA/BS degree in electrical engineering or related technical field, or equivalent combination of experience & education
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as electrical engineer in the fields of power generation, distribution, or manufacturing
- Acknowledged Subject Matter Expert in Power Distribution Systems, & Electrical Systems Design
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Electrical Codes, Standards, Construction Methods & Laws
- Expertise in performing electrical system design & engineering calculations
- Proven ability to establish & maintain networks
- Facilitate processes that encourage cross organizational knowledge sharing
- Leadership: Builds strong working relationships. Ability to lead task & project teams. Ability to manage a changing work environment with constant changing requirements. Ability to take initiative & drive implementation of projects without formal authority
- Participative/Supporting/Coaching: Actively participates in team activities, supports ideas/actions of others & uses appreciative feedback style to coach others in how to “make their idea even better.” Proven coaching skills
- Agility: Quickly flexes to changes in responsibilities & business needs with grace & ease
- Teaming: Demonstrates behaviors consistent with “for me to win the team must win” beliefs
- Appreciative: Demonstrates appreciative feedback style. Appreciates other team members & their contributions toward assuring the process team wins
- Customer/Results Driven: Understands who the customer (internal/external) is, understands the customers’ requirements & understands the processes that generate products/services that meet the customers’ requirements
- Fact Based Decision Making: Demonstrated strong business understanding coupled with high analytical skills to ensure a structured approach to problem solving. Challenge external vendors & engineering company
- Personally Accountable: Develops a sense of ownership & responsibility for the tasks taken over. Supports & drives a LEAN culture in the project with a compliance mind-set. Owns the results of individual actions & team’s activities. Models the Novo Nordisk Way
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.