About the Department
Imagine being a part of a team committed to helping people defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions. Here at Novo Nordisk, we seek out opportunities to contribute to healthier communities and better lives for all people. And, that’s what you’ll gain by joining Novo Nordisk’s Human Resources team. Our HR team is passionate about their purpose – enabling business success the Novo Nordisk Way by turning the Company’s business strategy into an actionable workforce strategy. A strategy which captures the entire employee life-cycle. At Novo Nordisk, you will join an inclusive team of diverse talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development. Are you ready?
This position is responsible for providing strategic oversight for data quality across North America affiliates. This position has responsibility for identifying, investigating, and resolving data quality issues. Additionally, this position is responsible for planning, managing, and tracking all key deliverables of merger integrations for the askHR function. This position oversees mergers and acquisitions until a steady state run-of-business is achieved with the acquired company. Additionally, this position provides consultation on projects and partners with COEs within HR and other areas of the business in regards to data quality. Lastly, this position will work on special projects when needed.
Reports to the Director, askHR North America. Interacts with all levels of the business and provides strategic guidance in relation to data quality and critical projects (i.e., mergers & acquisitions). Oversight of data integrity between integrated systems. External relationships may include interaction with auditors. Researches and resolves complex issues and provides guidance and assistance to other members of the askHR Team.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of any personal or sensitive data in all interactions
- Independently analyzes and evaluates HR Services processes to determine areas of improvement, provides expert technical and analytical support in addition to business judgement on reasons/impact of changes and ensures the implementation of the changes
- May provide support when needed on Global Internal Audit (GIA) audits and Deloitte yearly audits and Sarbox Reviews including meeting with internal and external auditors to provide requested processes and data
- Provides consultation to internal key stakeholders and/or external vendors/auditors when specific, in-depth functional knowledge is required
- Works on problems of various scope where analysis of situations or data is required; will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action; will recommend changes to existing procedures and practices based on analysis of data
- Communicates clearly and effectively with stakeholders at all levels to set expectations on the feasibility and timeframe for delivery of solutions, delivering on commitments
- Utilizes software and/or systems specific to the functional area to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence, and presentations
- Liaison with HR DD&IT NAO on EC (Employee Central) enhancements; tracking and communicating overall changes to askHR Team
- Suggests audits to maintain data integrity
- Works in partnership with HR DD&IT NA (Digital, Data & IT North America) on data automation, enhancements and data queries resulting in the ability to ensure data quality
- Provides subject matter expertise on Global and Regional projects by providing assistance during design, testing, and training phases
- Performs EC/SAP HR user acceptance testing and ensures system changes are upgraded and error free
- Provides recommendations on improvements to EC/SAP HR system design to ensure support of current and future business requirements
- Provides HR data oversight/guidance for all large-scale realignments and company acquisitions including pre and post validation work in EC
- Create detailed project management plans that outline end-to-end activities of an acquisition; follow-through with plan on post-merger integration projects
- Liaise with workstream leads from all parts of the organization to ensure that integration execution is going according to plan
- Completes other projects and tasks related to specific integrations as assigned
- Works independently on a variety of complex and diversified department activities and projects
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, relevant experience and/or certification in specialized HR function may be substituted for degree, when appropriate. A minimum of 7 years working in Human Resources required
- Knowledge and understanding of laws regarding the collection, usage, and retention of HR Data
- Skilled in the area of process optimization resulting in maximizing performance, productivity and efficiencies
- Ability to exercise independent discretion
- Firm understanding of how to effectively navigate a multi-national, matrix, organization, and ability to work with leaders, peers, and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently on tasks or projects which support the function
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information
- Demonstrates leadership abilities; Previous experience leading indirect teams is an advantage
- Experience and strong knowledge with data management systems (i.e., SAP/EC)
- Ability to motivate others
- Effectively manage multiple projects in a rapidly evolving environment
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites, including Microsoft Access
- Requires considerable knowledge of the job and department served and a working knowledge of the way operations function within an organization
- Requires demonstrated computer skills, use of Microsoft Office, must possess demonstrated skills in PC applications, typically involving new/emerging technologies such as on-line databases, optical technology, intranet/internet, and computer software programs specific to the function
- Strong planning and organizational skills required
- Skilled in problem identification & analysis
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills required
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.